MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-25-2003, 02:10 AM   #1
-viscid-01-GT-
Registered Member

Question Free Mods

Hey people. Im new to the boards so if I ask a repeated question forgive me in advance. I have a 2001 Gt which i bout in june of 2002 used. It was stock. So far I've added a K&N air filter, removed silencer boot from intake box [didnt remove heat guard] and I also built my own $5 ram air intake. I am currently strapped for cash so my plans for many modifications are on hold for a bit. But I can't help not working on my car or doing somthing to it, with no money to go with what I want to do I am finding myself washing, waxing and cleaning my car everyday, so much it makes me sick. I want to tear somthing apart and tinker. My question is what can I do to suspension, exhaust, intake, engine, body, etc. anything to my stang without coughing up the bux?? I would appreciate any input from anybody. Also, does anyone know where I can get a listing of my stock descriptive specifications? Thanx ppl!!!
-viscid-01-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 06:03 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Hey, Here is a trick I did on My exhaust after scrapping my obnoxiously loud X pipe. I took the stock pipe, cut the tabs where the heat shields were on the converters, one side only, to reveal the converters. I used a porta band saw and cut along three of the top sides of the converters " square C shape " and pryed the top off the converter. I dug out the converter material and pushed the metal back togeter. Took the pipe to a muffler shop and they welded it for 10 bucks, also welded back the heat shields. The pipe looks stock but runs unrestricked and sounds great! Just loud enough for the VERT and my Wife!!

You may need the o2 sensor fix $ 50 but my check engine light never came on!!

Just an idea!
Old 01-28-2003, 01:56 PM   #3
98GtPower
Registered Member

Here is something you can do! Take off your rear tires, jack up your car and rip off your quadra shocks. All they do is make the ride less bumpy, but by removing them it gives your car better traction. I did it and i felt it, www.summitracing.com suggested it when i put on my upper and lower control arms.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:32 PM   #4
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by 98GtPower
Here is something you can do! Take off your rear tires, jack up your car and rip off your quadra shocks. All they do is make the ride less bumpy, but by removing them it gives your car better traction. I did it and i felt it, www.summitracing.com suggested it when i put on my upper and lower control arms.
That only works with solid upper and lower control arms with stock control arms you will get rear end hop.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 04:03 PM   #5
-viscid-01-GT-
Registered Member

Well I was thinking of taking off my stock coils, and adding some steeda sport springs that would lower my car 1.5" in front and 1" in back. But those cost money. :] I was looking on Ebay for a good deal, which I did, but they would turn out to only be the front or only the back. Anyone know where I could get a good price on some lowering coils?
-viscid-01-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:16 AM   #6
stangt00
Registered Member

Mustang world sells some Sprint lowering springs that dont require caster/camber plates. They are pretty cheap too. They drop 1 3/4" front and rear. They also have some free mods listed there.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.
stangt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
SleeperGT
Registered Member

How about replacing the air return on the top of you valve cover with a K&N type "baby" air filter. It will cost about $10 for the filter and about 50 cents for the vacuum seal on the other end at Pep Boys. Sounds cool as you hear the car breathing a lot more, plus looks cool and it's a bit of a safety feature for when/if your car pushes oil past the gaskets it won't get sucked back into the intake.
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's
Steeda Lower Control Arms
358 rwhp (Mustang Dyno)

New Track Times Coming Soon
SleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:21 PM   #8
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by -viscid-01-GT-
Well I was thinking of taking off my stock coils, and adding some steeda sport springs that would lower my car 1.5" in front and 1" in back. But those cost money. :] I was looking on Ebay for a good deal, which I did, but they would turn out to only be the front or only the back. Anyone know where I could get a good price on some lowering coils?
lowering springs look really nice on the new GTs, but most actually slow you down straight off the line...incredible handling difference though..

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote