MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2001, 12:29 AM   #1
01 BLACK GT
Registered Member

Question Cold cold air induction!!!!!!

this might sound dumb and retarded but here it goes. If someone was to take and evaporater from an a/c unit and fabricate it into the intake boot from the air flow sensor to the throttle body, Would the motor gain any hp or would the 40 degree intake temp hurt it. The reason I say this is because I am a fabricater and want to try something like this. I just wanna know if you think it would hurt it performance wise? Again this is probably a dumb Question

Joe

------------------
01' Black GT
2 chamber Flows Mach 460, Leather 17"thrust wheels, bassanni x-pipe with cats, BBK Cold Air, Steeda pullies and timing adjuster @ 13*, Steeda Satin Shift Knob
Tri-ax shifter A pillar Double gauge pod, Auto meter White Phantom Gauges Fuel Pressure and Vac, Richmond 3:73's
Steeda Subframe Connectors.Strut Tower Brace
13.41 @ 102.1mph

01 BLACK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 09:55 AM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Well, a 40 degree intake temp would certainly help. But the thing that would hurt would be the condensor blocking and slowing the intake air. I think the restriction would actualy cause a nice loss in HP.
This is basically like a intercooler for a N/A enigine. You don't see them, there's a reson for that.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:01 AM   #3
01 BLACK GT
Registered Member

what if i made a box that the evap. sat in with a little fan blowing on it and the air doesn't even go through the evap. just next to it like an intercooler. I think I am going to try it anyway. If it dont work then it dont work. Doesnt hurt too try

Joe

------------------
01' Black GT
2 chamber Flows Mach 460, Leather 17"thrust wheels, bassanni x-pipe with cats, BBK Cold Air, Steeda pullies and timing adjuster @ 13*, Steeda Satin Shift Knob
Tri-ax shifter A pillar Double gauge pod, Auto meter White Phantom Gauges Fuel Pressure and Vac, Richmond 3:73's
Steeda Subframe Connectors.Strut Tower Brace
13.41 @ 102.1mph

01 BLACK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 02:10 PM   #4
AndyHunt
Registered Member

air going inat 40 degrees?!?!...hurt it..bad...the gas has to be evaporated when it enters the chamber in order for it to burn properly. Ever heard of cars running roughly on cold mornings...you will create that very problem. the gas would not evaporate into the air well at the injectors and you'd have gasoline collecting inside the walls of the cylinders and in the manifold...it would run extremely rich to try and compensate for it as well.
AndyHunt is offline   Reply With Quote