MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-06-2001, 09:04 PM   #1
01cobra
Registered Member

Post Rearend problems(on the car)

I have a 2001 cobra in stock condition,under 2000 miles that keeps having the same problem. I am leeking differential fluid from the rearend. When I took it to the dealer the first time they said it was a bad factory seal. Now its starting again. Are there any other Cobra owners having the same problem? Is there something that I can do to solve the problem?
01cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 09:23 PM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

I'd say since it's under warranty make the dealership do their job. There's no sense in you stressing out when they are responsible for the fix. Where are you in Kansas? Maybe there is another dealership around that will treat you better. If the same problem keeps coming up there are lemon laws to protect you. I'm sure you'll get it fixed though.

Good luck

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 07:36 PM   #3
98Cobraguy
Registered Member

I dont know where yours was leaking at, but I had a leak right in front of the pinion seal. My tuner told me that I had tweaked the gear housing by power shifting. We found this out when we were doing a gear swap.
shane

------------------
98Cobraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 12:58 AM   #4
01cobra
Registered Member

I had the car fixed today and they told me it was the same problem as last time, the rear pinion seal. What bothers me about the whole thing is that I haven't been power shifting. If the seal is this weak to begin with what am I supposed to do? What would happen if I was to power shift? I would like to add some modifications to increase hp and torque, but this seems like it would make matters worse. I am not looking to make a drag car out of this but I would like to run road courses, one of the reasons I got the cobra with the IRS was for better handeling.

01cobra is offline   Reply With Quote