MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
'01GTStang
Registered Member

Default Eibach Pro Kit

Hello All,

I am looking into getting an Eibach Pro Kit for my 2001 GT. I got a K&N Air Filter when I first got the car in 2001, and I just got a Pro 5.0 shifter put in this week. Other than that, I have no real mods yet. I am thinking that the Eibach Pro Kit would be a good idea regarding what to do next. After that I'd like to get a catback exhaust, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyway, what should I be looking at for a price range for this kit? I went to the website, however I was unable to find any prices. Also, they're a little unclear on what actually comes with the kit. I believe it comes with new springs (1.5 inches lower in the front and rear), but I'm not sure what else if anything??? And what are the cons of this kit? If any of you have this Eibach Pro Kit and have experienced it first hand, or know more about this than the Eibach website has to offer, I would appreciate a little more detail on this topic. Thank you.
K&N Hi Flow Air Filter
Pro 5.0 Shifter, MGW LTD Knob
Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers w/2.5" Bullet Tips
'01GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:04 AM   #2
sleeper_stang_2000
Registered Member

I have the Eibach Pro Springs on my car. It comes with the four springs and the pinion snub. Realtively easy to install. Takes away some of the 4X4 look but it doesn't "drop" the car. There is a noticeable difference in handling and also remember to get caster camber plates and get the front aligned. Expect to pay about $220 for the springs and and about $190 fr te C/C. No cons except for the fact that if you're going to set up the car for drag racing get the Drag Kit. To really complete your upgrade cange the shocks...all 6 (remembe the quads).
3ft Above Sea evel
sleeper_stang_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
COUSIN ROB
Registered Member

I am hoping to get a set of Eibach springs installed in my 96GTthis spring. I have read many times on this site that the caster camber plates are not necessary when you drop the car only 1.5 inches. 2 inches yes.
COUSIN ROB is offline   Reply With Quote