MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #1
91redgt
Registered Member

Default Anyone heard the SLP loud mouth exhaust.

I saw the new SLP load mouth exhaust for the mustang. I got a stock 96 gt and was wondering do these sound better than flowmasters? Also are these really load. Thanx
91redgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:44 PM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I haven't heard it yet, but it looks like the price is right. Something like mid-high $300 range for an all stainless catback sounds good to me.
Just from looking at the resonators (they don't use mufflers,) I imagine it would be a very loud exhaust. Probably great for those running cats, but still want a badass sound. But don't think I can see how anyone might use it daily driving with an offroad pipe.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #3
Phly6
Registered Member

Hey I've got a similar question. I have a 03 GT completly stock. Im looking to upgrade the exaust but i dont know too much about it. I've been asking around lately and the people at ford tell me that they'll upgrade my exaust to flowmasters for about $500. That seems a little steep to me because it hardly cost me $300 for flowmasters for my firebird. Then again it wasnt a true duel. I love the rumbeling sound and want to get the best for my money so would i be better off with the SLP loud mouth or the flowmasters? Also i deffenetly want cats. They keep backpressure right? When i would rev up my firebird in neutral it would get all gargally when it hit 3 and wouldnt go past it. I dont know if it was because of the new exaut or because i beat the crap out of it. I deffenetly want my mustang to rev up all the way to redline just as smooth as it does now though, expecially since its a 5-speed. Also, an x-pipe? what exactly does it do? Does it make the v8 sound more fierce? Is it good for horsepower? is it expensive and does it require a certian exaust? Thanks for any Helpful imput. P.S. The louder the better for the exaust as long as it doesnt shatter glass or anything. ( even though that would be fun )
Phly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:10 AM   #4
Titan
Registered Member

Phly6, look at a post from a couple weeks ago, we all had a discussion on different exhausts, the sounds they make and the opinions people had on them. I can't remember the title of the discussion, but you'll know it when you see it...it had quite a few of responses

Black on Black 98' GT 5-Speed
Mods = Stuff
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote