MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #1
explicitone
Registered Member

Default new times

well I went to the track this past week end and here is my best run

60' 1.832
330 5.431
1/8 8.438
mph 82.41
1000 11.064
1/4 13.231
mph 102.7

the ground was cold and they were not putting down any vht so traction sucked
I was on my 275/50/15 nittos and if they would have been prepping the track and the ground was warmer I could have hit a mid 1.7
not to metion the bad spin shifting from first into 2nd

oh and this was on motor I have yet to open the bottle

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
JBeryleC
Registered Member

"vht" ?
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #3
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

OPEN DA BOTTLE!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:27 AM   #4
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
OPEN DA BOTTLE!
im waiting till the track starts preping that way I can get some traction
cause if I had little on motor then I would have none on the spray

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 04-08-2004, 04:30 AM   #5
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JBeryleC
"vht" ?
its a traction compond that is sprayed on the racing surface

some tracks only spray it on the first 60' and some spray the up to the 330

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 04-08-2004, 06:14 AM   #6
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Ok, sorry dude. I was thinking. "don't fear the botlle" or something like that wondering what you were waiting for. But, that makes complete sense. Please let us know when you do pop the cork...I would love to see those times especially since I am going to be using the laughing gas too by the end of the summer.

4.10's go on today!!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:10 AM   #7
420nitro
Registered Member

Go to byron..(if it's not out of the question for ya.)
I was there last week end and my car hooked...I shattered the sprag on launch AGAIN ...still manage a 1.58 60ft. Leaving at Idle.. Well good luck next time.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #8
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Great run. Man, that thing's gonna feel good when it hooks right.
Not getting the traction you need can be very annoying.... and with those Nittos, it takes a long enough burnout to warm them when the weather is warm let alone trying to heat them up when it's cold outside. I plan to go with the BFGs next time, since I now have a solid daily driver.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:27 PM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Great run. Man, that thing's gonna feel good when it hooks right.
Not getting the traction you need can be very annoying.... and with those Nittos, it takes a long enough burnout to warm them when the weather is warm let alone trying to heat them up when it's cold outside. I can never seem to heat them up well enough on the first (or second pass). Gonna go with the BFGs next time, since I now have a solid daily driver.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:52 PM   #10
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 420nitro
Go to byron..(if it's not out of the question for ya.)
I was there last week end and my car hooked...I shattered the sprag on launch AGAIN ...still manage a 1.58 60ft. Leaving at Idle.. Well good luck next time.
I would go to byron but there is to things I dont like about that place
1st its not a full 1/4 its is 10-15ft short
2nd its down hill

and yes I know the track tells people its not
but if your ever there when its raining go down to about mid track and you watch the rain just running down the track

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 04-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #11
420nitro
Registered Member

Well...ok...If you don't like it cool. I have been to a lot of different tracks since the early 90's and I can honestley say that Union Grove was the First Drag Strip I have been too. There is always something that people like and dislike about every track, I find it common. I guess the most convient track is the most important.
I have not been there since the new ownership (a couple of years ago???) but when I was there last it looked like a real DIVE (no offense) hopefully they have fix it up since then.

Tell me something..

Is there still that dip in the right or left lane there??? I remeber some rumor that a dragster loss control there and the driver was serious hurt.

How about the pits...is it paved yet? or still full of gravel?

Shut down area, have they extended it or is it still short?

Like mentioned before I haven't been there in a long time it might be a nice place there now but never needed to go back there.I might go there this year because of the RSD's... but we'll see.

Joliet has a nice race track from a lot of different aspects. A little to far for me though.
US41 is ok to, but the track people seem to be a little rude and I think they are not as down to Earth like some of the the other tracks, maybe I was there on a bad day or something...but I have been there about 4 times and got that feeling everytime. I also heard something like ... US41 is closed from some sort of gov. tax problems??? But could be wrong, it was here say when I heard it.
I know there is another rack track by you is that the one you go to or is it Union Grove?
Anyways good luck with set-up, hope it flys for ya.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 420nitro
Well...ok...If you don't like it cool. I have been to a lot of different tracks since the early 90's and I can honestley say that Union Grove was the First Drag Strip I have been too. There is always something that people like and dislike about every track, I find it common. I guess the most convient track is the most important.
I have not been there since the new ownership (a couple of years ago???) but when I was there last it looked like a real DIVE (no offense) hopefully they have fix it up since then.

Tell me something..

Is there still that dip in the right or left lane there??? I remeber some rumor that a dragster loss control there and the driver was serious hurt.

How about the pits...is it paved yet? or still full of gravel?

Shut down area, have they extended it or is it still short?

Like mentioned before I haven't been there in a long time it might be a nice place there now but never needed to go back there.I might go there this year because of the RSD's... but we'll see.

Joliet has a nice race track from a lot of different aspects. A little to far for me though.
US41 is ok to, but the track people seem to be a little rude and I think they are not as down to Earth like some of the the other tracks, maybe I was there on a bad day or something...but I have been there about 4 times and got that feeling everytime. I also heard something like ... US41 is closed from some sort of gov. tax problems??? But could be wrong, it was here say when I heard it.
I know there is another rack track by you is that the one you go to or is it Union Grove?
Anyways good luck with set-up, hope it flys for ya.
they have done a great job at GLD since the new owners came in they redid the whole 1/4 through shut dwon and repaved the staging lanes,the pits and return road as added new stands

now I used to go to byron all the time when I lived in the elgin area and always wondered why my car ran faster there then any other track and I later found out that it runs down hill and it is 10-15ft short

I do go to rt 66 but to watch cause is a pain to get in there they are always packed plus the tech are a pain

there is another track up here its wir but it would be closer for me to go to byron

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________