MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-24-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
surfbeast
Registered Member

Thumbs up Dragon Plenum installed +

Just installed the new Dragon Plenum and FRP 70mm T/B. The Butt-O-Meter says Woopi Noticed a big difference in throttle response and HP. did not expect much, and was plesantly surprised. The dragon has a vien in the middle of the plenum to make the air less turbulant after passing the T/B plate. Nice to see some real inovational thinking!

Also, as a side note: While installing, I knocked off the Dragon emblem and it when Bye,Bye. I e-mailed the company and they replied immediately and had already put (2) emblems in the mail. Now that is service.

They also said they are working on a few more mustang parts that are do to be out soon. Can you say "intake" I hope so!

Well I'm very pleased, to say the least
Old 02-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

thats cool

it looks like no matter what plenum is used people are happy with them

are for lower intakes
I know C&L is coming out with one in mid spring and bbk is talking about coming out with one mid-late spring

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 03:11 PM   #3
ac97gt
Registered Member

how much does that setup go for? sounds nice

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
Bri's ride
Registered Member

I want a new lower intake for my npi, anybody know a more spacific date for the c&l and or BBk,and if they will fit a npi or only the pi, thanks,
Bri's ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

MM&FF reported that C&L was shooting for March. I checked their web site last night and was surprise to NOT find anything on it about the new lower intake. I thought they would at least be promoting it.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 07:23 AM   #6
surfbeast
Registered Member

Look for all the major players to get an intake on the market this year. That means prices will drop also. Even if the intakes are for PI heads they will still fit and a few places are coming out with gaskets that will work between the two missmatched ports.

I installed the PI intake , SHM cams and above mentioned Dragon and 70mm T/B this weekend.

Everything bought used except coolant tube and water pump gasket. I have a total of < $ 370.00 in the entire deal. If you bide your time and shop around you can get a deal.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:25 PM   #7
Bri's ride
Registered Member

by they way i heard that 6-800 is going to be the price for the new lower intakes, does that sound right?

finally maybe the 4.6 will be the new 5.0... lol, now we just need better heads.
LS1s better watch out for N/A 4.6's. Maybe not
Bri's ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:34 PM   #8
RickKi1
Registered Member

Notice they are still building Mustangs, while the last Camaros came off the GM line what? 2 years ago now? 350s are dynosaurs pushrods are a thing of the past, if GM wants to compete they have to build overhead cam V8s, I am sure they will, and will most likely bring back Camaros and Firebirds, the demand is probably there, they already have that GTO on the market, what 350 hp rwd IRS. Who are they trying to compete with there?
www.v8stangs.com tech/super moderator.......99 GT Convertable, Gold chrome, S.S. Bumper lettering, Chrome AFS Cobra Rs 03 Cobra IRS, MM mount bushings, C&L maf, true flow inlet, ported intake plenum by Alameda Racing, Mac 70mm tbody, UD pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, strut tower brace, Bullitt Fuel door, and more.
RickKi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:55 PM   #9
surfbeast
Registered Member

Default Pic of plenum and new PI intake

Here is what the Dragon and pi intake looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mustang engine1.jpg (298.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #10
RickKi1
Registered Member

Nice, looks similar to the C&L plenum actually, what size tbody is it made for? 70mm or 75mm? I have an Alameda Racing ported and polished stock intake with a steeda plenum nameplate on it. I got this plenum used for 125, already had a Mac 70mm tbody, which is what this plenum is ported for, I have the 80mm C&L maf and the C&L true flow inlet pipe. You can also see the SS heat shield from Ebay, the Steeda moly chrome strut tower brace, 4 bolt C/C plates, UD pulleys and Steeda timing adjuster here.
www.v8stangs.com tech/super moderator.......99 GT Convertable, Gold chrome, S.S. Bumper lettering, Chrome AFS Cobra Rs 03 Cobra IRS, MM mount bushings, C&L maf, true flow inlet, ported intake plenum by Alameda Racing, Mac 70mm tbody, UD pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, strut tower brace, Bullitt Fuel door, and more.

Last edited by RickKi1; 03-09-2004 at 01:34 PM..
Old 03-09-2004, 01:12 PM   #11
TARZAN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bri's ride
by they way i heard that 6-800 is going to be the price for the new lower intakes, does that sound right?

finally maybe the 4.6 will be the new 5.0... lol, now we just need better heads.
LS1s better watch out for N/A 4.6's. Maybe not

Personally, I doubt that the lower intakes will be out any sooner than mid-summer. If they were almost ready IMO, there would be prototype pics, etc..... leaking out.

Also, the PI heads are not the hold back on the 4.6 99+. They actually flow rather well. That is straight from the ppl. at TFS.

IMO, a better intake, and cams would set a 2V up probably 30+ HP.

-Will

-Will
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #12
TARZAN
Registered Member

Here's a pic of my Trick Flow Plenum, BBK 75mm TB, K&N FIPK air tube, C&L 80mm MAF, and Steeda Pullies....

-Will

-Will
Old 03-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #13
96_4.6
Registered Member

You like your C&L MAF?, I like mine but everyone says they are bad for the car and it would run better without it....

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:51 PM   #14
RickKi1
Registered Member

I know how mine ran without it, and it runs better with it, my v6 ran better with it too, I have heard all of that garbage, and that is all it is is garbage, people that have never had the product, don't know anything about the product, and know little or nothing about it, trying to tell us that know its good that its trash, well, I have an automotive associates degree, I am not a dummy, I know when something helps my perfomance, and when it doesn't, and I am not about to let a bunch of people that think they know it all tell me what to do, I paid a lot of money for my mods, I like what they do for my car, and if I didn't then I would take them off, not because some self appointed gurus decided my C&L maf was trash, I know its good, I like it, and its staying on my car unless I decide I don't.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #15
surfbeast
Registered Member

I 2nd that last comment! I will be going to dyno in the next few weeks and will do a C&L and Stock compasison for "MY" car. This is the only way to tell if a mod is good or bad. Almost every car is different when on a dyno. The dyno will tell!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:39 PM   #16
TARZAN
Registered Member

The C&L MAF makes your car run better by leaning out the MAF, lean is mean (in most cases) when you're N/A.....

It can become troublesome when you start reaching significant HP gains.....w/c would require more fuel.

But im my case, and in the case of most, it is just fine. MAy cause a rough idle, but thats all.

-Will

-Will