MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
RabidPony
Registered Member

Question Pullies and Timing Adjuster

Ok, I know that the stock crank pulley acts as the hamonic dampner for the 4.6 engine. All the Underdrive pulley sets I see have to be mated to the stock crank pulley for the dampner and with this setup you ca't install a timing adjuster. Ok, who makes an underdrive pulley set that doesn't need the stock crank pulley? I want to do both and one or the other won't cut it for what I have in mind. I already have a Steeda timing adjuster on the car and a set of Steeda pullies sitting in my garage (minus instructions). Any ideas or pointing in the right direction would be helpful.
RabidPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

I believe the steeda pullies do not require the mating of the old crank pully. Call steeda to be sure but I'm pretty sure on this.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by surfbeast
I believe the steeda pullies do not require the mating of the old crank pully. Call steeda to be sure but I'm pretty sure on this.
yes steeda is a one peice crank pulley asp make them as well and march just came out with some

the steeda timing adj only works with steeda or stock pullies but upr makes one that works with piggy back pullies as well

I would go with the steeda pullies because they are SFI legal where most are not

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote