MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-06-2001, 07:35 AM   #1
Silver GT 01
Registered Member

Question Subframes, So many choices... Opinions please...

With so many Subs on the market, I'd like some opinions from Stang owners who have either installed or had them installed. Also, if anyone has installed these, did you remove your seats, and carpet to avoide the possiblitly of burning your rug during the welding process? I've found good instructions online regarding this, however nothing was mentioned about the rug. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Oh, it might be helpfull if I mentioned this was for a 2001 GT.
Silver GT 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 12:39 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Other then the Griggs Racing "though the floor" subframe connectors, which are hard-core and require the removal of the interior, there isn't any real reason to remove interior bits when installing subframe connectors. The only real "secret"(which you probably already know) is to make sure the car is sitting with its weight on the wheels on a level surface (lift).
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 08:32 AM   #3
Silver GT 01
Registered Member

Default Which Subframes did you install?

Thanks for you reply. I'm wondering which subframes you used. I'm planning on using the MM full length connectors, and my concern is that the heat will transfer through the steel, and smoke the carpet. I've placed another posting recently, and was told to remove the seats, and roll up the rug, as it was a smokey job, and the seam sealer with ignite. Thanks for the tip, I was planning on using 4 ramps place the car on, to duplicate the "as used" condition.
Silver GT 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 05:15 PM   #4
Cannon
Registered Member

i mine are chrome moly ,full legnth through the floor weld in subs, and to do mine up i ripped out the rug, and had my buddies hope cut up my floor pan and weld them in, what a difference it made. theres no brand name on these just some big peices of steel to stiffen up my chassis.
1989 mustang (new work in progress), MM LCA'S, MM TA, MM CC plates, MM strut tower brace, HAL k-member, Coilovers, Tokico ilumina, subframe's,8pt cage, Auburn Diff, 3:73's Strange axles, Cobra big brakes,saleen body work.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote