MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2002, 02:41 AM   #1
StangGT2002

Default Is 91 octane high enough to burn with an 85mm C&L MAF.....

without any detination or drivability problems? 91 octane is as premium as it gets here in southern cali!
Old 04-06-2002, 10:56 AM   #2
rbatson

I never heard of a mass air unit requiring higher octane. Its when you change compression, advance timing, add blower.. that you new higher octane. Make sure your maf is calibrated for the injectors you have(stock I'm assuming). If you post your tech questions in the "Mod Madness" section you will get replies from guys with more experience with the 4.6 cars (96- to present).
Old 04-06-2002, 02:08 PM   #3
Illini
Registered Member

Exclamation Run 91 octane anyway

Our cars run 10 times better with high octane then low test gas. The C&L maf uses your factory meter electronics but the real key in the C&L is the venturi shape of it . This speeds up intake air and also gets rid of the center post in the factory maf. Like I said before I could tell a difference in my car after I put on the C&L. DON'T waste money on a cold air intake, they look nice but don't do **** for performance. Plus if you go with a C&L you wouldn't be able to use the fender well end of the cai. I've got a BBK cai sitting in a box at the house. I could tell a difference with the new maf thats why it's still on the car. I did use the intake tube for a while though with the C&L, it looked good with the alum. maf, but my strut tower brace precluded me from using it so now all the BBK cai kit is in the box. TIMING ADJUSTER!!!!! I can set mine at 13* now, definite sotp feel. This will require you to run 91 or better octane, we have 93 oct. here in Illinois
steeda underdrives, timing adjuster, triax, C&L maf, MM strut tower brace and k-member brace, Steeda subs weld-in, steeda tubular front sway bar, bullitt springs ,struts(tokico's)and shocks, bullitt gas door, alum.pedals, MM panhard Bar, cobra 13" front brake upgrade. ON THE WAY TO BECOMING A TRACK *****
66' 2 dr malibu;
355 cube 4-bolt main, steel crank, chevy pink rods, KB 10.7 to1 pistons, ported double humps 202&160, torkerII intake, rejetted holley 650 D.P., crane ignition box, comp.cam roller rockers& 280 degree cam, balanced to 8500 rpm, hooker super comps, 3000 rpm stall and built turbo 350 tranny. dynoed at 543hp and 582 tq
Illini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 02:25 PM   #4
Illini
Registered Member

Thumbs down cold air intake

Dude don't waste your money on a f****** cold air kit they are a joke before you put like 150.00 or what ever they cost into one, look at old posts on the site about cold air kits they're a rip-off. Put that 150.00 towards something useful like a T/A or different maf. If you get the cai kit get some nos stickers for your window, because those stickers will add about the same amount of hp as a cai kit. Well do whatever I guess it's your money. If your car is your main source of transportation go 3.73's, that way you won't be at redline on the interstate, well 3500rpmish. Thats got to get into the fuel economy.
steeda underdrives, timing adjuster, triax, C&L maf, MM strut tower brace and k-member brace, Steeda subs weld-in, steeda tubular front sway bar, bullitt springs ,struts(tokico's)and shocks, bullitt gas door, alum.pedals, MM panhard Bar, cobra 13" front brake upgrade. ON THE WAY TO BECOMING A TRACK *****
66' 2 dr malibu;
355 cube 4-bolt main, steel crank, chevy pink rods, KB 10.7 to1 pistons, ported double humps 202&160, torkerII intake, rejetted holley 650 D.P., crane ignition box, comp.cam roller rockers& 280 degree cam, balanced to 8500 rpm, hooker super comps, 3000 rpm stall and built turbo 350 tranny. dynoed at 543hp and 582 tq
Illini is offline   Reply With Quote