MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-09-2002, 08:55 PM   #1
DEPete
Registered Member

Default B&M Ripper vs. Kirban Kwik Shifter

I don't race, just want more precise shifting for my daily driver. I've narrowed it to the B&M Pro Ripper and the Kirban Kwik Shifter. Anyone have any experience with either? Ant input would be appreciated.
Ford 3.73 Gears
B&M Pro-Ripper
Densecharger
DEPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:55 PM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Hey DEPete,
I don't extensive experience with a lot of different shifters but I can offer this. Most aftermarket shifters are going to be more reliable and enjoyable than the stock shifter. I have the B&M Ripper and I love it. It's not noisy and it is very precise with no play whatsoever. If you ask ten different people you'll probably get ten different preferences but that's my 2 cents. I got a great deal on mine at www.carparts.com a couple years ago and have never looked back. I hope this helps some.

Have a good one,
Brett
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 03:27 PM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I had the Kirban on my Mustang and really liked it. Although, I must admit, it was still possible to botch the 2-3 shift when driving at the limit and not shifting perfect. But it was a very high quality piece, and Dennis Kirban lives a couple miles from me, so I like supporting the local guy.
My buddy just picked up the Steeda shifter, and he said with the spring loaded 2-3, it feels nearly impossible to miss the shift.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:56 AM   #4
Rob23
Registered Member

Thumbs up Ripper Rules.....

I had a B+M Ripper in my 88 GT and it was the most satisfying modification I've ever done. 2 to 3 takes a simple thoughtless push forward. It's got a nice anodized blue base and it seems indestructable. I'd go with the ripper
Old 01-17-2002, 12:20 PM   #5
96GTfanatic
Registered Member

Have you looked at the Pro 5.0? It's a little pricey (not sure how much the others are though) but I love it.

Next Mod: 2003 Cobra (not any time soon)
96GTfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote