MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2002, 01:20 AM   #1
czstang1701
Registered Member

Default thats it, im gettin a GT

Okay..well i juss decided that im going to look into trading in my 2001 V6 for a 2000 or so GT..

Has anyone done this?.. how did it go?

they didnt make the mineral grey in 2000 did they?

Brand new! w00 h00! :-D
czstang1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:25 AM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Nah, no mineral grey in 00.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:59 AM   #3
SLOW 97
Registered Member

Mineral gray is THE sweetest color Ford has offered on the 'stangs in a while. I've wanted an '01 GT in M/G ever since they came out. You can find an '01 mineral gray GT for about $17,000. It's a buyer's market right now for used cars since new car sales have soared with all the specials going on right now.
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 10:19 AM   #4
czstang1701
Registered Member

Yah i love the color too and all my friends say i couldn't of picked a better color for myself..I was just going to get a 99 or 2000 because of prices.. but heck, if i can find a 2001 GT for that much, that im definately for it..I am 17, No way i could afford to buy a brand new car, so its my parents that bought me the 2001 V6.. I mean when i first saw it, it was like love at first site. And it still is, im having a tough time thinking about actually trading it in, but i dont think itll be so bad if i find the exact same color in a GT . My parents are going to let me find one, and as long as i pay for the difference in insurance and the cost monthly for the GT, then they are for it.

I might have to wait until this summer, but i don't have a problem with it..I think the GT will be much more worth what I'll go through to get it..The V6 has potential, but id rather put that potential into a GT. Making ricers cry isn't enough .

Old 03-25-2002, 02:27 PM   #5
96SNAKE
Registered Member

I think your car will be nothing but a faint memory once you get in the 01GT and hit the loud pedal on the right.

Mineral grey is sweet too!

(96Cobra/softtop- Black&Tan, 3.73,almdrvsht,fancontrl,steeda sbfrmes,r-LCA's&shifter,eibachspgs,KYB's,FR-upper arms,Y2K Cobra R's,pulleys,Bassani X pipe(cats gutted),C&L 80mm,Stage 2 Clutch, polished intake and cam covers etc.. last dyno w/cats on-287rwhp.

93 Ford Probe Gt 4.39 stock gears and K&N (slower but turns)

2001 Green Ninja ZX6R
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 03:36 PM   #6
SLOW 97
Registered Member

Well I'am also 16. I wanted to buy a new GT but since I'm still in school I can't afford a new 'stang so I bought my '97 which still costs $285 a month. Plus insurance. CAR PAYMENTS SUCK! I need money for mods! But if you work hard you can afford it. It's worth the time and effort. You'll be happy with the GT and the used GT's have gotten real cheap.
With a 2.21 60ft
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
Old 03-25-2002, 04:11 PM   #7
czstang1701
Registered Member

yah.. how much is the insurance on your car? see right now im insured under my dads car, he doesnt have comp and collision on it..and he's insured under my mustang.. which does.. my mom, however is thinking of gettin my brother an older jetta 'cause thats what he wants..blah blah blah, anyway, im going to be put under the mustang..and i was wondering how bad the GT's insurance is?

Old 03-26-2002, 09:01 PM   #8
turnkey42
Registered Member

Get the gt ,I traded a 98 v6 for a 01 gt back in the fall, I'm very happy ,I did get screwed on the trade in $7000 for my loaded 98,which 4 months earlier the dealer offered me $10000.I get the employee discount so their wasn't much haggling on the trade in price,but I got lot better interest rae for the 01.As far as insurance it went up approx $30 a month.
turnkey42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:48 AM   #9
czstang1701
Registered Member

yah? thats sweet. damn man, i want one bad now.. i got the bug! heh.. yah, thats very good.. im 17, i dunno how old you are, but it probably wont be too pretty, especially with comp and collison..
but then again, my driving record is perfect, and i drive safe.. ive taken a class on "drivers safety" which brought my insurance down..and my GPA helps too.. (anything above a 3.25)..

I guess this shouldn't be in the technical section anyway..but i do have a couple technical questions.. What all on the GT is different then the V6..except for the obvious body on the 2001 (usually have the scoop on it)..and the engine size.. i know the wheels are different..but are there any other differences? ive been learning all about the v6 so i dunt really know..

Last edited by czstang1701; 03-27-2002 at 10:01 AM..
Old 03-27-2002, 10:02 AM   #10
SLOW 97
Registered Member

Yeah I am insured on my F-150 and he's on my 'Stang. I used to pay $150 a month. But that was hen I had better grades. without the 'good student' discount it really sucks. but I'm getting some computer course from my insurance company which supposedly lowers my rates 15%. don't feel bad about getting screwed on the trade in. You're not the only one. When I bought my car last year (June '01) my car was $14,995. I was in mint condition with all options and only 34k mi. on the clock. Then when I went to trade it in for an '01 GT last October the dealer offered me $9,000 trade in. That is highway robbery! I said "Screw you!" to dealer and kept my car. i really wanted the new GT not giving up my current GT for only $9000. If you're to buy something new and need to get rid of your car sell it yourself if you can. It may take longer but you'll be glad you did since trading in is as good as giving your car away.
With a 2.21 60ft
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
Old 03-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #11
wally6761
Registered Member

Default get a cobra instead

price difference is small and worth what you get.
wally6761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 02:39 PM   #12
steedamustang01
Registered Member

GOD! DEJAVUE!, I WAS IN YOUR EXACT SITUATION. I HAD A 2000 MUSTANG V-6 AND I JUST HAD TO GET AN 01 GT. SO I DID. BUT I WAS LUCKY. MY V-6 WAS LEASED FOR 5 YEARS. AND ALOT OF PEOPLE WERE LIKE HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU GET OUT OF THAT! WELL MY V-6 HAD 18X8 CHROME WHEELS W/ TOYO TIRES, BILLET GRILL, CUSTOM HEADLIGHTS, ... ECT ECT... AND I HAD MY G/F TAKE OVER THE LEASE. SO I GOT AWAY CLEAN FREE! THATS WHEN I WENT OUT AND GOT MY 2001 PREMIUM GT-STEEDA PKG. AND I ONLY HAVE MEMORYS OF MY 2000 V-6. GOODLUCK BUT I'M TELLING YOU IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!! L8R
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 09:14 PM   #13
czstang1701
Registered Member

haha, steeda.. that does sound very similar.. the thing is.. ya im also still payin off the v6... in fact, i have alot to pay off on that thing.. out of $15,000, we've only payed $3,150 i think (thats my estimation)..could someone help me out with this, because im not very knowledgable in this area.. but lets say i want to trade it in, and get the GT..the GT cud be about $20,000.. is this still smart to trade in and get it? financially? or will i get screwed?

i know it sounds like im asking the same question over, but i didnt mention im no where near done paying it off. the guy that had it before me did the same thing though, so im sure it can easily be done.. he bought this v6 until they had the GT in stock, and traded it in..

Last edited by czstang1701; 03-27-2002 at 09:30 PM..
Old 03-29-2002, 08:51 AM   #14
steedamustang01
Registered Member

Alright buddy, I used to sell cars for a living and I can tell that you that more than likely your screwed. This is what you need to do. Call the bank who you have the car fininaced through. Get the pay off on your car. ALSO, is your car a buy or a lease? And for how many months? ALSO, Did you put any money down when you got the car? ALSO, is it in your name or your parents? Becuz Credit is VERY important. If it's in your name, do you have good credit? Do you know your credit score? Tear 1,2,or 3? Or becken 6,7,or8. Tear 1, and becken 8 is the Best, which would help you out. You have to find out those questions and reply and I'll tell you how bad your off. I can tell you right now that trading a new car in is the worst thing anyone could ever do. For example. My dad just bought a 2002 TRANS AM. But then after 6 months he decided he wanted a 2002 TRANS AM WS6. The TRANS AM didn't even have 1,000 miles on it. And he had just paid like $28,000.00 just like 6 months ago, and they only gave him $20,000.00!!!!!!. WHAT A RIP OFF! He lost $8,000.00 in 6 months! But that's the car market. Just plan on taking it up the @$$. Trading in like I said is pretty much the worst thing you could do, but hey... is a GT worth that much to ya? For some people (like me) it would be, for others,... there's no way in hell the'd do it. So find out that Info and let me know. I'll try to be of some help. The best thing you could do is sell it out right to a private person, or have someone take over payments like I did on my old V-6. Let me know if you need anymore help, I'll be glad to do my best. L8R
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 11:57 AM   #15
czstang1701
Registered Member

Alright buddy, I used to sell cars for a living and I can tell that you that more than likely your screwed. This is what you need to do. Call the bank who you have the car fininaced through. Get the pay off on your car. ALSO, is your car a buy or a lease? And for how many months? ALSO, Did you put any money down when you got the car? ALSO, is it in your name or your parents? Becuz Credit is VERY important. If it's in your name, do you have good credit? Do you know your credit score? Tear 1,2,or 3? Or becken 6,7,or8. Tear 1, and becken 8 is the Best, which would help you out. You have to find out those questions and reply and I'll tell you how bad your off. I can tell you right now that trading a new car in is the worst thing anyone could ever do. For example. My dad just bought a 2002 TRANS AM. But then after 6 months he decided he wanted a 2002 TRANS AM WS6. The TRANS AM didn't even have 1,000 miles on it. And he had just paid like $28,000.00 just like 6 months ago, and they only gave him $20,000.00!!!!!!. WHAT A RIP OFF! He lost $8,000.00 in 6 months! But that's the car market. Just plan on taking it up the @$$. Trading in like I said is pretty much the worst thing you could do, but hey... is a GT worth that much to ya? For some people (like me) it would be, for others,... there's no way in hell the'd do it. So find out that Info and let me know. I'll try to be of some help. The best thing you could do is sell it out right to a private person, or have someone take over payments like I did on my old V-6. Let me know if you need anymore help, I'll be glad to do my best. L8R

Okay, well yah..im about to go on vacation and im going to be talking this over with my parents. THey know how hard it is to get a good deal in the car industry. i was thinking about going to the guy i originally bought it from first, if anyone, because he did the same thing with someone else..and he's a real nice guy.. didn't give us any grief what-so-ever when buying the car.. he told us a price, and we did it.. ($15,000 with 5,000 miles on it..) but yah.. im not going to ask today, but when i get to a hotel or something ill let you know how many months.. I dont know my parents credit (they are the ones paying for it and all, not me, but that will soon change this summer..) That would be absolutely great if i could find someone privately pay me what ive already payed on the car, and continue paying the rest off.. because the car really is in great condition, ive seen to that .. And we're not paying through a bank, we're paying through Ford Credit.. which i dunt really quite know what that is, but my mom will have to call them up to find out..I'll keep you posted one what goes on..because yes, a GT is worth it, but not if i get really really screwed on the deal.. Actually if i can afford to be screwed, i'll probably go for it .. Till next time, ill keep you posted when i find out more..and thanks for all your help.