MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
blltt
Registered Member

Unhappy Lost My Bullit/New Car Advice

Well I guess I should start by informing everyone that I lost the financing on my 01 Bullitt and today I returned it to the dealership...
I am also the former owner of a 96 Cobra which I only did minimal mods too...

Here is my question:

I am going to be getting another mustang asap and am considering a few options:

1. 94-95 Mustang GT or Cobra which I will either buy modified or will do myself. I am open to either a well built NA or supercharger.

2. 96-98 Mustang GT which once again I will either have rebuilt or supercharged.

What I am looking for is a car that will be my daily driver so reliability is a key concern. Mileage isnt as much of a concern.

I would like to have a car that is much faster than my basically stock 96 Cobra and my 01 stock bullitt which I just returned...
I understand that horsepower and 1/4 ET's are just #'s but I would like to be at least in the low 13's/300 rwhp either or...

Lastly is the cost issue: I would like to spend around 10k plus or minus 3k depending on if I buy a car that is basically stock or if I buy one already mostly done.

Also I live in California so any info about smog issues would be appreciated.

Thank You all for your input, basically I want peoples opinions, the more different opinions/ideas I get the more I will have to go off of on my decision. As you can imagine today is a very sad day, I am taking it actually alot more rough that I thought I would. It was really hard to get back in my Focus and drive away from the dealership after almost 4 weeks of having a mustang again...

Thank You all in Advance:

Sorry for the long post

01 Mustang Bullitt, Green, Stock
Formerly: 96 Mustang Cobra
blltt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:03 PM   #2
blltt
Registered Member

sorry... I dont know why it posted twice and it wont let my delete it...
Old 03-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Well, from your list there I would probably go with a '94-95 Cobra. You can meet your goals on the cheap: Port and mill the heads (GT-40 irons) for some more compression, some light port work on the intake, and throw a mild cam into the mix and I don't see low 13's as being a problem (thats assuming other bolt on's like a good exhaust and gears.) Plus you would start out with other things like 13" brakes, better seats, etc.
But truthfully, running low 13's with any of the cars is not going to be all that hard.
A 96-98 GT can be found on the cheap because everyone thinks they are "really slow" and it takes "a lot of money" to go quick. You can get used PI heads and an intake for $600 or less (you'll be running around 10:1 compression, perfect for a N/A car.) Then throw in a set of aftermarket cams. Then figure in a free flowing exhaust, U/D pulleys, '02+ Mustang GT MAF, gears, and a Dyno tune will put you near low 13's. Stone reliable, cheap, and possibly a sleeper to boot.

BTW - contact the moderator and they'll be able to delete your double post.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote