MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2001, 10:38 AM   #1
mustangtim
Registered Member

Post After market deck w/ Mach 460?????

I want to put a Pioneer deck in. What is needed? Is it possible without sounding like crap?
mustangtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 12:45 PM   #2
slow98
Registered Member

actually its not possible without sounding like crap, there are three amps on the mach 460 and your deck will probably also have a built in amp, so you have to bypass the stock amps,after doing that only the tweeters in the front and back will play,so if you planning on an after market deck, i would suggest taking out all of the stock speakers, that piece in the back that speakers are in probably weighs a good 30 pounds, and it will pretty much be wasted weight,if i could do it all over again i would have left mine stock.

------------------
japslaya
slow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 10:35 AM   #3
stang1996gt
Registered Member

actually you can. I did this and it sounded great! all you have to do is take 2 line-output converters and use them backwards inbetween the harness and the speaker connections on the acutal new unit. any questions e-mail me at Chubchub7@inil.com
stang1996gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 07:03 AM   #4
1weirdone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mustangtim:
I want to put a Pioneer deck in. What is needed? Is it possible without sounding like crap?
i have a 97 with mach and installed a kenwood
camelion and it sound great.but u have to by the correct wiring harness.
1weirdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 03:53 PM   #5
HundleyGroup
Registered Member

Cool

When I ordered my '99, I listened to the Mach, and I thought it was junk. So, I ordered the car without the Mach. Upon receipt, I installed a Clarion deck, changer, 4-4 way 9" speakers (2 w/extra tweeters), two Pioneer tweeters in the front, a 10" sub woofer, 2-100w amps, and a cross over. I have a convertible and I needed the extra juice to hear it above the road noise. It sounds great! Not only can it be done, it must be done. Good luck.
HundleyGroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 10:25 PM   #6
97ScottieGT
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Slow 98, got ripped by some shop that just wanted a well payed chump to enter their store, and fork out some cash for stuff he does not need and knows nothing about.
You can replace "ANY" stock headunit with an aftermarket unit and it will work properly. There are only two amps and not "3" in a 460 system. The stock speakers can be replaced & it will sound better but if you buy a deck with seperate sub R/C output you can add more base with an aftermarket sub.
DO NOT rip out the stock base chamber in the back of your tang.
You need it for the whole 460 to sound good.
Slow98 is "slow"...
you can mail me at gaelic350@yahoo.com for more info.
Let me know what the outcome is man.

------------------
Keep It Fast....
97 GT. Mass Air Meter, Flowmaster CAT Back, BBK Off Road H, 3.73 gears, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, MAC Lowering springs 2", 99 Cobra wheels, Saleen S281 wing, Cervinis ram air hood with ram air, White face gauges, Bullitt shifter knob, Aluminum radiator, 10mm Spark plug wires, K&N, Mobil One,Eibach Lowering Springs 2", 99 Cobra Wheels, Saleen S351 Wing, Cervini Ram Air Hood W/Ramair Package, B&M Ripper Shifter.

14.1 @ 99mph trap.
97ScottieGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 08:55 AM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I replaced my stock head unit with a pioneer head unit. I kept everything else the same. It's not the best sounding system, but it sounds better than before.

I had no problems with the install.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 11:27 PM   #8
slow98
Registered Member

Wink

your a stupid a$$ 97scottiegt my care had three amps in it i took all that stock junk out, i got my car used and it just happened to be there, i installed a high sound quality system because i dont like the sound of paper speakers stuffed in a piece of plastic, im not some chump that got ripped everything i have was free because my bro ownes a store that sells and installs audio equipment, so do go blowin off at the mouth dumb a$$, the reason i stated that i would have left it stock because im gettin ready to sell it and get a 2000 model, no hard feelings but u need to shut the f#*% up

------------------
japslaya
slow98 is offline   Reply With Quote