MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-19-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
96_4.6
Registered Member

Default On My mod motor they want $100 to install the bbk pulleys i bought, r they rippin me?

Yes I know its not that hard but I do not have access to a air impact gun and they want 100 bucks to install my pulleys, thats bs, how did you guys pay for them to get installed if you didnt do it yourself, thanks for some input

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:17 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

It takes about an hour minimum to put the pullies on unless it is in a top notch garage with all the stuff needed. Most garages now charge about 60 - 70 bucks an hour so it may be a bit high. Check around a little and you can find someone to do it cheaper. Hell I'd do it for 50 bucks!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
GodStang
College Stanger

You do not need an impacat wrench. I used a breaker bar and socket. Took me an hour and that is because I had to take a 25 min drive to Advance Auto to get a shorter belt. That is such a rip off to do it for 100.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:38 PM   #4
96_4.6
Registered Member

I'm not familar with a breaker bar, but i do have access to just about all the tools from my craftsman case but when i take off the belts i'm scared i wont know how they go back on..hmmm i need to start askin around, anyone in michigan wanna make 50 bucks, hehe

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 11:13 AM   #5
GodStang
College Stanger

I would do it for free if I lived there. There should be a picture of how the belt goes on under the hood. All a breaker bar is is a longer ratchet. Put a pipe on the end of your rachet it gives you more power to break them lose. Good luck man.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #6
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Do it yourself and save some cash. I'm by no means an expert but I put my FMS pulley's on and nothing has blown up yet

Seriously, it's not too hard and the more you do on your car the more intimate you get with it. I started Stangin' with very little mechanical knowledge (and still don't have a ton) but you'd be surprised what you can accomplish on your own.

I've been away from this board for well over a year as I've been dealing with family illnesses and what not. It's AWESOME to see that this is still the most professional and helpful board out there. I'm going to have to keep checking back more often.

Stefan
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 08:14 PM   #7
stangt00
Registered Member

If you do it yourself, make sure to draw a diagram of the belt routing. I didnt and it took me some extra time to figure it out. Also, a "breaker bar" is basically a long handled tool with a socket adapter. It allows you to put more force on the same surface area with less effort on your part. I am fortunate enough to have a Hobby Shop with lifts and all the tools I need which I can use to do my own work.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.
stangt00 is offline   Reply With Quote