MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-05-2001, 03:52 PM   #1
Ares
Registered Member

Post Quaker City Dragway- Salem, OH

I was just there checking this track out today as was about blown away at how nice it is compared to my now rather crappy home track...cough...KEYSTONE....cough.

Anyway was wondering if anyone else runs at this track since I may race there this coming saterday August 11th for first time.

------------------
2000 GT Laser red-5speed,MAC Cold Air, MAC 2 1/2" Cat-Back, 3.27gears, Pro-5.0 shifter, Weld Draglite's 15x5 and 15x10, 275/50-15 DragT/A's, 165R15 front, BBK Underdrive pullies, BBK offroad X-pipe with Dynomax super converters

Best Quarter mile run to date: 13.350@101.79/1.844 60'(7-6-01)Best MPH 101.79(7-6-01)
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 08:36 PM   #2
jpinoh
Registered Member

I haven't been to Salem yet but Norwalk up in the Sandusky area is also a fine track. There area a number of ok tracks around but not in Norwalk's class.

Does Quaker City have a web site? I'd like to see the open track times/dates.

--jp

jpinoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 07:50 PM   #3
Ares
Registered Member

I have yet to goto Norwalk, only another hour drive from Quaker I think. Here is link to QuakerCity http://www.quakercityraceway.com/

The track is alittle wierd the way they set it up and I didnt belive what I was told untill I saw it sunday. You do your burnout up hill, wierd but I bet it doesnt take long to heat up slicks. The track looks to go up hill slightly for first 1/8 mile then level out. This could just be an illusion, cause people at my local track that have raced there say they run quicker at Quaker. Once past final traps its up hill.

Fridays are test/tune
Saterday Racing
Sunday Racing

Nice thing is if I wanted to run points at my local track I could run friday and sunday then goto Quaker to run points at thier track on saterday. Now to find that magical money tree
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote