MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2000, 09:16 PM   #1
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Thumbs up Pro-M

Well, the bedate of the merits of Pro-Ms and other replacement MAF has gone on for quite some time. A lot of people have gotten very different results. But I figured I would just throw this out:

I ordered a Pro-M 80mm along with matching K&N from Steeda. When I installed it I also reset the computer. Installation took maybe 20 minutes. After it was installed I drove around for about 1.5 weeks without doing anything too exciting.

Finally I took it out on the G-Tech for some runs. Got back to back 4.9X runs, followed by a 5.0X, all made with conservative 1700 step off launches. Later that week I went on a 4 hour trip. With moderate trafic on interstates going though the mountains of Western VA, I got 26 mpg.

Basically I picked up almost .2 0-60 and 1.75 mpg or 7%

The Pro-M deffently isn't cheap, but those are pretty good results for a fairly simple mod.

Just thought I would share.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2000, 10:37 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I've also had decent results with my Pro-M 87mm MAF. While I don't have any numbers to back it up, she did seem to breathe a bit easier on the top end after install...

------------------
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
"Traction Impaired" or "Nitto Needy"
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote