MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
kardez
Pony Boi

Default HELP!!!!! 1999 mustang weird start problem

I've got a 1999 Mustang with a strange electrical problem. Normally, the car starts fine ,but now the car absolutely does not try to start at all. The entire electrical system goes down and the only way to get it back is to disconnect and then reconnect the positive battery terminal. However, disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and then try to start the car again immediately, the car will refuse to start and the electrical system will again die. Does anyone have any ideas that might help? I imagine this might be something not to fool with myself and just take it in to an electrical shop, but that would be too costly for me right now unless i really have too. Any help would be greatly appreciated
kardez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
USA HP
Driving Enthusiast

Default Re: HELP!!!!! 1999 mustang weird start problem

I'm having a hard time figuring out what your situation is, but it sounds like a dead battery.

Have you tried jumping it?
USA HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
kardez
Pony Boi

Default Re: HELP!!!!! 1999 mustang weird start problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA HP View Post
I'm having a hard time figuring out what your situation is, but it sounds like a dead battery.

Have you tried jumping it?
Thanks for the replY AND the help I got from you guys. After not trusting 100 % in my own knowledge I listened to others and replaced the starter... Needless to say that I was stuck with the same problem!!!!! So I went back to basic old school troubleshooting and found my problem directly. It was the battery terminals!!!!!!!! I learned a valuable lesson, stick to your guns and stay with the basics!! Or you too can spend 140 dollars on a starter and not need it!!!! LMAO!!!! I was confused because I never had these type of symptoms to come with this type of problem.... So, guys if you have this problem.... stay basic and no matter how they look, CHECK YOUR BATTERY TERMINALS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!
kardez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: