MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2000, 03:27 PM   #1
White96GT
Registered Member

Cool Wooped up on a 2000 WS6(Firebird w/Ram Air 340HP

Drivin down the road when I see this bran-spankin new WS6 in the oncoming lane. I saw him pull a U-turn and get right up on my bumper. I Changed to the other lane as he pulled next to me. I wasn't planning on racing him( I thought he'd woop me good)but, he asked so I said sure.
He's got an exhaust system and its lowered a bit, but it sounded awesome. Must have been borla or something,but it was loud.
Light turns green,Ive go my left foot on the brake and the other on the gas,BAAM I took off tires Squeelen and everything!!! I was ahead through 1st gear
4k,5k,6k-6500 RPM!! at 50 MPH, in a practical stock 96 Auto GT(Turned Overdrive off) hit secondn going 50 then 2nd gear,It took off[me :-)]2nd gear went to 75-80 then I backed off b/c the speed limit was 45 MPH ago!
Well turns out his car was smoking, blue black and white some all at once. it didnt look good. Well he pulled off the road and I kept going:-)

and thats how I beat a car with 100 more HP than me!

96 Mustang GT w/K&N, and Mac Flowpath Cat-back. and thats all till I get some more money!

------------------
Old 05-23-2000, 03:56 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Thumbs up

At Ford, Quality is job one.
I wonder what job quality is over in GM...
100 extra horsepower don't mean squat unless you can put it to the pavement (or even the flywheel)

Nice kill...

Sending to street racer's corner...

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 05-23-2000).]
Closed Thread