MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2003, 01:36 PM   #1
surfbeast
Registered Member

Default Sick Stang, Need Help!

OK, Here goes.

Driving home today the car seemed to downshift then upshit for no reason. Turned down the radio and it did it again, this time it went out of gear. I was still in drive and had not slipped into neutral. The the engine quit! I pulled over and the car would not start, waited a minute and it started right back up. Reved the engine a few times and no problems. Got back on the road and it happened again. The tranny does a funky shift and then into neutral and then the car dies. I tried driving in 2nd and same thing. I made it home ( five miles ) and it did it about four times. When the car is in park I can leave it running forever and rev the hell out of it, sounds fine. What's up? any ideas? is it the 4R70W?

Please help!!