MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2001, 09:26 AM   #1
Coupe Devil

Post Trade 306 and t-5 for 351 and c4 - opinions

I met a guy this weekend with a ac Cobra kit car. It is still under construction but it is all there and driving. We were talkin about cars and my mustang. He said he wanted a 302 and 5 speed out of a mustng for his car instead of the 351. I told him I had one that I would sell and quoted him a price. He asked where I was from and I told him. Incidentally his mother-in-law lives about 30 minutes from me. Any back to the subject. We talked about a trade and agreed we would talk mon. or tues. over the phone.

What do you think? I would trade my 306 and T-5. My motor has 6000 miles on it. He says his only has 500. He builds these cobra kit cars for a living so I think he's a decent mechanic. What kind of trade should I offer or should I see what he will offer. Take into considerartion we live three hours apart so one of us would have to make a pick up and delivery. I think it would be better for him to come here since his family is here and I dont have a truck. I could borrow one but don't really want to. Any opinions? I would like a 351 and auto but it doesnt really matter I can use my motor and tranny if it comes down to it.

Also anybody got any opinons on building one of these kit cars. I personally think it would be badass. He said his will do 0-100 alot faster than you want to get there. HEHEHEHEHEHE. I am going to see if I can come look at it one more time with my dad before I make the trade.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it). Motor and tranny in use for Ranger project.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever

[This message has been edited by pony_power_90 (edited 07-23-2001).]
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 05:55 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Never mind. I pulled the intake last night and it don't look good. All full of water. I'm gonna drain the oil tonight and see what comes out. I am afraid I am gonna have to go through it again before I use it now.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it).

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote