MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 AM   #1
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Cai?

Guys:

I am thinking about removing my C&L MAF for something else. I don't think I want any bends. Any ideas?

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:50 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I like the Steeda unit so far. I have read some threads/comments about solid HP gains too. I am concerned about leaning the car too much with the C&L MAF. I will also be adding nitrous soon.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #3
surfbeast
Registered Member

The steeda unit with your stock MAF is the way to go, especially if you are going the nitrous route. I am doing basically the same thing, I am keeping my old mac CAI with the bend, If the car runs fine with a fender well CAI with a bend, it wont run any better with a straight unit sucking in hot engine compartment air, plus i already have it. I'm ditching the C&L: for a stock 02 maf, SCT flip chip and nitrous ( 75 shot ).
Old 04-27-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
TARZAN
Registered Member

Man, I loved my K&N FIPK. Looked nice, and performed great

-Will

-Will
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
Bri's ride
Registered Member

yeah the K&N FIPK is awsome, the price is a little steep compaired to others though. I think the heat sheld that come with it does a good enough job, so most of the air comes from the fender anyway.
Bri's ride is offline   Reply With Quote