MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
pauldthierry
Registered Member

Question Help!

I own a 2003 Mustang GT Convertible. I recently purchased the Shaker System, 3.55:1 Gears, and flowmaster exhaust with x-pipe. It will all be installed this week. My question is: What would be a good way to boost my acceleration and horse power without turning my car into a dragster? In other words I don't want anything too loud or extreme. My goal is to reach approximately 350 HP. The rest of my car is stock except for the light bar that I had installed last month.
pauldthierry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

A small shot of nitrous from a Zex kit would fit the bill nicely...

www.zex.com
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

Hey i'm close to tampa,what color is your stang so i know who to look out for. And let me know how you like that shaker system.And if it's worth it.BTW,if you ever see a gold stang with a cobra r bumper and a great sounding exhaust it's me .

Alright,i just saw you have your color listed under your name.Darn it though.I every mach 1 i've ever seen is a blue color,so i'll have problems keeping you apart from the others.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:25 PM   #4
Torinalth
Registered Member

if you are trying to stay NA then you are going to have a hard time... underdrive pullies will help a lil bit, and going with long tube headers and switching to a short X pipe will do a lil... after that you either need a stroker kit (if they make them for the 4.6 now) or get a supercharger... that is if you want 350 constant... if you just want a quick boost, then hammer has the right idea of going with nitrous.

Torinalth