MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-20-2003, 05:58 PM   #1
06Stang
Registered Member

Default X pipe, off road or catted?

Well, my next mod will be a complete x pipe and cat back, Im goin w/ a Magnaflow cat back but cant decide on whether i want a catted x pipe or off road. Which would you choose? I dont have to worry about passing inspections or smog tests. I have always been under the impression that the o/r x would make the SES light come on, do the MIL eliminators take care of this problem? Also, i always thought that the o2 sensors sent information to the comuter that helped determine the air/fuel ratio, is this not true? Would it not have any affect on performance if i went w/ an off road x w/ mil eliminators? Thanks in advance for the help.

Will
Old 10-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Off road X with Mils, Awsome growel and more power. Plus you save alot of cash. Why have cats when you don't need em?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:25 PM   #3
06Stang
Registered Member

where did you get your mils at? Best prices i found for the magnaflow stuff was here.. http://www.ninosport.com/ , since you get free shipping! but the mil eliminators are $60 for a pair and that brings the price of the o/r x up to just $30 cheaper than the catted ones, oh well!

Will
Old 10-21-2003, 04:59 AM   #4
06Stang
Registered Member

well, i have been listening to clips on mustangexhaust.com and think the best sounding combo is the MAC off road x pipe and the Magnaflow cat back. The MAC pipe is only $180 so thats a big savings even w/ the mil eliminators! My question is, does anybody have this setup, how do you like it and i cant find any pics of the MAC x pipe, does it have the bungs (sp?) for the o2 sensors and mil eliminators? Thanks again for the info.

Will