MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-10-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
GerryGT
Registered Member

Lightbulb My 2000 GT Heads

I have a 2000 GT. I have done all basic additions to it (i.e. - pulley's, exhaust, throttle body, intake and 3.73 gears). I spoke to mustang magic in NY and they said that if I did their ported head and cam package it woul run me $2,700.

First, I thought that there were no cam's available for the 4.6 and second I just wanted to know if anyone had some expert idea on what power that would give me and if its worth the price?

I can't break into the 13's and was wondering if this would do the trick.
(I am also saving the money for a Vortech but wanted to do something else to the engine before that)

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
GerryGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:23 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Let me get this straight...

You have:
Pulleys
throttle body - (No gain on a near stock setup)
3.73s
Intake - (You mean a Cold Air Kit right?)
Exhaust - (H\X-pipe or just a cat-back system?)

Is this a vert? Well driven '00 GT coupes should be running mid-low 14s bone stock, so 13s aren't that tall of an order...

Get yourself a Pro-M or C&L MAF... that should help a bit.
If your exhaust is just a cat-back system, its time to go with an H\X-pipe, that will give you a few horses too...

Best investment?
Get some drag radials and some hard core experience at the track... What are your 60 foot times?

Then start saving money for a blower...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 09:26 PM   #3
surfbeast
Registered Member

you can get cams for your heads from MANY places. Either Billet or regular. The billet are about twice the price! Get the blower grind cams $ 500.00 set and get the blower. Talk about serious HP. If it were me I would forget 2,700 for ported heads unless I had a RACE ONLY stang.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:12 PM   #4
skz4u
Registered Member

Hammer is right! You should already be in at least the high 13's with what you have. I personally wouldn't spend $2700 for porting, which might give you another 30-50HP over what you already have. It would be better financially to spend that $2700 towards a blower with the cams. You will pick up a lot more HP for the money than just straight porting. Plus like he said, get some good drag radials underneath her and spend a lot of time at the track perfecting your launch and shifting and you will see better times. Experiment with different RPM's at the launch, and shifting points and you should get into the 13's with your current combo. Hope this helps you out.
skz4u is offline   Reply With Quote