MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-29-1999, 04:13 PM   #1
Ripper
Registered Member

Question Has anyone seen a x/h-pipe comparison test?

Has anyone seen a comparison test of x/h -pipes with cats? Or, just give me your opinion of the best x/h-pipes out there. I see a lot of guys using the Bassani x-pipe. Thanks.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-1999, 05:10 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Well,
The X-pipe seems to be all the rage these days, and I have yet to see someone who has been dis-satisfied with one.
I myself will be in the market for an x/h pipe later this year (2000, when my 5.0 rebuild is complete). So needless to say I will have to save the cash back up...;-)

Point I'm trying to get at is that while the X-pipe seems to be a great addition, its price can be quite a lot more than a similiar after-market H-pipe..... and I have yet to see any real side by side stats on just how much more effective they are compared to say.. oh... a MAC H-pipe with Hi-flow cats...

Does anyone have any stats like that?

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-1999, 06:01 PM   #3
96GTBYYOU
Registered Member

My local race shop (B&D Racing)claims that the X is good for about a tenth of a second over the H in the 1\4. They tried it on a 5.0 though, not a 4.6 - for what it's worth, I have an X from Bassani & love it - I suggest 3 chamber Flow Masters - I have 2 chambers and my fillings are getting loose! Sounds great though - I can't even hear those annoying ricers that are buzzing around town (behind Mustangs!) Good Luck!!

------------------
96GT, Vortech S-Trim, 3.73, Bassani X, Flows, 70mm TB, Subs, Mega-Bite Jr.Lower rear Ctrl Arms, FMS Uppers, Ripper, and a bunch of other $tuff I can't seem to remember!
96GTBYYOU is offline   Reply With Quote