MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-03-2002, 05:23 PM   #21
joegodfrey
Registered Member

That's sweet the driverside tire is off the ground, weren't you pullin' about 300 lb/feet at the wheels?
joegodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #22
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

At the local track it now pulls both wheels about 2-3" off the ground. Last time I dynod the car it was pulling 253RWHP and 292RWTQ, not much is different at this point.

Bill
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 07:43 AM   #23
Red Mustang Gt 46
13.3 @ 103

Bill, I don't think anybody's gonna flame you because alot of people swap pipes.
Yes you may have not heard of anybody being fined...I have.

I had a case where a shop was seized by (Fedreal EPA) because they were gutting catylytic converters and welding them back together as well as swapping pipes for customers. In the seizure, records were taken and guess who got squeezed the most? ...the people who had it done.

My point was, why take a chance?

Besides, when your dealing with the Police, you don't know if your dealing with the"Terminator" or Officer friendly.

In reference to being Illegal...emissions is a little different than speeding and tint, whether you believe it or not.

Cliff

RELAX
COMP CAMS
FRPP
MSD
Bassani
Magnaflow
MAC
Red Mustang Gt 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #24
joegodfrey
Registered Member

Sounds like fun Bill. Cant wait for my car to do that.
joegodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 11:35 AM   #25
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Mustang Gt 46
Bill, I don't think anybody's gonna flame you because alot of people swap pipes.
Yes you may have not heard of anybody being fined...I have.

I had a case where a shop was seized by (Fedreal EPA) because they were gutting catylytic converters and welding them back together as well as swapping pipes for customers. In the seizure, records were taken and guess who got squeezed the most? ...the people who had it done.

My point was, why take a chance?

Besides, when your dealing with the Police, you don't know if your dealing with the"Terminator" or Officer friendly.

In reference to being Illegal...emissions is a little different than speeding and tint, whether you believe it or not.

Cliff

RELAX
Wrong having illegal emissions is just the same as speeding or tint. All against the law and most of us do it.

That is the shops fault plain and simple. I've heard of shops being closed down for this reason as well but none of their customers were penalized for it. If they were smart they would tell any customer with offroad exhuast that they wouldn't get a receipt or warranty on the work done. That is what the few shops locally do. Then if anything happens there is no evidence of the shop doing anything or traces back to the customer.

Regardless I don't let anyone touch my car other than me or friends for exhaust work.

Now I know the arguement has been stated where people say you'll only get 2-3 more HP anyway so why bother...I'll tell you why. I don't modify my car so it passes emissions, meets or exceeds federal and state laws or is pleasing to those around me. I modify it to race and win! Maybe you or other people can't notice the 2-3 HP, but fact is I get every single bit of power out of my car and on the track and if I lost by .02 or .03 because of cats I'm sure as heck not going to sit back and say oh well at least I'm legal . Of course if you have a blower or other power adder sure 2-3 HP is nothing and chances are it will takes years of practice to even get the power you are making to the ground. But for someone like me running NA where your spending $2K to pick up 5-10HP that 2-3HP is a big difference especially when spending a 1/3 the cash.

You asked before why take the chance...because the only chance that I'll have is loseing a race. Be realistic here no cop is going to pull you over (except maybe California) for exhaust and fine you $10K for offroad exhaust. I asked for an example and I still haven't seen one. Name one case where someone was pulled over and not tied to a shop and busted for having offroad exhaust. Does anyone realized just how many people are on the road today with offroad exhaust?!?! Tens of thousands and if they were all busted and fined at the same time the nation would be out of debt.

By the way I've been pulled over by every type of cop and even once hauled off the jail for drag racing in which he caught me because he heard my offroad exhaust. Now tell me how emissions is "more" illegal than speeding?!?

P.S. I'm simply defending my views and not upset or trying to start a flame war...PEACE!

Bill
Old 01-04-2002, 12:36 PM   #26
Red Mustang Gt 46
13.3 @ 103

Whew, you sure do type alot...

Again as other posts, he asked a specific question, I answered it.

You don't think I've been down that road before?
COMP CAMS
FRPP
MSD
Bassani
Magnaflow
MAC

Last edited by Red Mustang Gt 46; 01-04-2002 at 12:41 PM..
Red Mustang Gt 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 01:40 PM   #27
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Whew, you sure do type alot...
I'm a business analyst and spend all day typing so I get plenty of practice!

Quote:
Again as other posts, he asked a specific question, I answered it.
Understood I was just repling to what I thought was directed to me.

Quote:
You don't think I've been down that road before?
I wouldn't know, that the problem with the internet I don't know you from john doe. I simply explain my view of things from my past experiences. I was just as hesitant to put on my first offroad pipe because of friends that said I would be put in jail. I did it anyways and first time I was pulled over with it on I was convinced I would be in trouble. Fact was that cops are more concerned about writing tickets to people making a right on red in a no turn zone or speeding, etc... than they are about what is done to your car.

Bill
Old 01-06-2002, 10:14 PM   #28
silverv6
Registered Member

Thumbs up Mustang92 Your right

All those things are illegal and the same thing.

All that matters is if you wana take the risk of getting pulled over.

over here were I live its real hard to get your cat backs cut off or get a off road x or h pipe.

Here in california espesially were I live (San Diego county) people get pulled over real easy.
And it sometimes depends on the cops that pull you over. In san diego county ive goten pulled over some times and they told me to slow down but they never told me nothing about my windows tinted. I have %5 on all five windows and in Los Angeles county i got a speeding ticket and never got told nothing about my windows and this was late at night. Then one time I got pulled over in downtow los angeles by a CHP and he gave my a ticket for my windows I had told him that no police officer has told me nothing about them. He then told me it was illegal to have any window tinted. so i got the tint off then I found out that its legal to have the back and two rear windows tinted but not the front two. Well this is a example of a cop being a d***. I had my windows tinted for over a year. and I sometimes see people with all the windows tinted even the fronw windshield and cops have past next to them and dont pull them over. It all depends on the cop.

I wana get a off road H pipe installed in my car but im looking for a place were I can get it at.

K&N filter<< cut the filter box out

still waiting for my MAC CAI and BBK throttle body havent arrived yet
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote