MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-29-2002, 08:21 AM   #21
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

YOU DO NOY NEED AN ALTERNATOR.

I checked the Mustang and fast frod magazine (JAN-FEB ) there is a 4 page article regarding a bullit intake installed in a 99GT.

This is what the magazine says;
" ON A NORMALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE THIS INTAKE IS VIRTUAL BOLT-ON, IF YOU HAVE A BLOWER SOME MODIFICATIONS WILL HAVE TO BE MADE FOR THIS YOU WILL NEED TO USE LONGER AFTREMARKET HOSE.

THE SECONF PROBLEM IS WITH THE ALTERNATOR BRACKET. AGAIN, WITH THE BLOWER, THE BELT DID NOT WANT TO LINE UP CORRECTLY WITH THE PULLEY, BUT THE SIMPLE FIX WAS TO JUST SHIM THE BRACKET WITH WASHERS
ON A NORMALLY ENGINE THIS WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM, BUT THE BLOWER CAUSES THE BRACKET TO HAVE TO BE SHIMMED SLIGHTLY IN ORDER FOR THE BELT TO LINE UP PROPERLY.

"SD Wheeler"
if you don't believe what I am writting send me $1300 and I will send you the magazine

I don't work for a ford dealer I am just a simple computer analyst, I do think that $1300 is a "rip of" but hey if someone wants to pay that much by all means go ahead. This is a forum where we tried helping each, the fact is that ford is salliing the kit for $328 and according to the magazine you do not need an alternator.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 11:37 AM   #22
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Just in case some here thought I was laying, someone in this forum also that that the bullit intake goes for less than $400

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...ghlight=bullit
Old 03-29-2002, 12:20 PM   #23
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Rocket and everyone else...

As some of you know, I moonlight on the weekends as a sales rep for Dallas Mustang. I just called work and had them look up the price in our system for the complete intake (minus the install kit and throttle body)

Retail Price: $1295

Anything from Ford\Ford Motorsport is expensive, so I sincerely doubt you can get that entire assembly for 328 dollars.

Now you might get the upper or lower... I don't know.

Also, retail price for the Bullit throttle body: $319
Could this be what they're advertising?

But as the entire assembly goes, retail price: $1295.

Now if there are some parts suppliers willing to take a HUGE loss on these parts, let me know, cause I want to get in on some of the action...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 08:21 PM   #24
SD Wheeler
"The Game"

Rocket99GT,
Simple computer analyst eh? Well......analyze this. You think I'm out in left field about this? Call Randy Stinchcomb at Universal Ford in Baltimore, MD. He has the complete Bullitt parts list.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this. You're wrong. I'm right.

Hammer,
Good luck with this one, Bud!
FFW M/M #30-sponsored by Strictly Performance

Moderator, Modular Motor & Big Block Forums
Hardcore5.0
SD Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #25
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

RocketGT, please do us all a favor and go buy this incredibly cheap intake and prove us all wrong. It's obvious that we don't know our heads from our ***$es when it comes to parts we've installed on our cars. I mean you read MM&FF and they always tell you every last detail that goes into the install. We must all be a bunch of crazies that enjoy pissing money away for no reason other than to make the rest of you buy useless parts. So please go out and buy this intake and try the install but whatever you do you must come back in here so we can all make fun of you for the next year when you wake up to reality!

P.S. The 99 GT the install was done on was Jimmy V's car and he does not have a stock GT alternator in the car.

After hearing your ignorance I'm nearly embarrased to call myself an analyst.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 03:08 PM   #26
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Well, I am sorry some of you guys are taking this a bit personal to a point of insulting me.....anyhow I am not going to get into a match of words with anyone here.

But once again I am not just talk but instead I have proof of what I saying. Here is the number for you to call 301-424-5000
the name of the dealership is Century Ford and they are located in Rockville MD (once again I don't work for them).

Once again I am apologizing if I offended anyone who is trying to make a business in this forum, better luck next time in case I spoil it
Old 04-01-2002, 03:45 PM   #27
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

What's funny is you don't even realize that some of us have nothing to gain by telling you the truth think about it what am I trying to sell or would I gain? Nothing! Instead it's you that are not listening to people that have been there and done that and your claiming that you know what you are talking about because you read a magazine and talked to an idiot at Ford? Do you realize how many people called up Ford asking for the bullitt intake and the dope at the parts counter said $328 or $400? About a hundred and every time reality crashed in when they brought the parts list with them to get everything needed and they then realized that they only got the price on the lower or the upper because they wouldn't listen to those that knew. How do I know because I've gotten so many emails saying the same thing it's not funny.

You call up your parts guy and get prices on the following parts and post the prices. You'll see that you can't put the intake on for under $400. If you think that your right then prove it otherwise please stop trying to BS those that know.

Intake Manifold (Main) 2R3Z-9424-AA
Intake Manifold (Upper) 2R3Z-9A589-BA
Throttle Body 2R3Z-9E926-AB
Throttle Cable 1R3Z-9A758-BA
Throttle Control Bracket 1R3Z-9728-BA
T/B Gasket F7LZ-9E936-AA
Air Inlet Tube 1R3Z-9B659-CA
Cruise Control Cable 1R3Z-9A825-DA
Alternator Bracket 2R3Z-10153-AA
Alternator 7R3Z-10346-AARM
Fuel Rails 2R3Z-9F792-BA
Spacer Gasket 2R3Z-9E930-AA
"L" Bracket 2R3Z-9J444-AA
EGR Tube 1R3Z-9D477-CA
T-Stat Housing 1W7Z-8592-AA
Upper Radiator Hose 1R3Z-8260-DA
Crankcase Vent Tube 1R3Z-6C324-AA
IAC Valve Inlet Tube 2R3Z-9H308-BA
Intake Gasket YL3Z-9439-BA
Valve Cover(98 GT) F6AZ-6582-JA
Valve Cover(98 GT) F6AZ-6582-HA
Under Intake Hose 2R3Z-18663-CA
Jumper for rear cross over 1R3Z-18472-DA

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.modulardepot.com
Old 04-01-2002, 04:09 PM   #28
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Trust me Rocket, if things had gotten dicey, the thread would have been flattened "Hammer" style...

I REALLY hope you're correct, a full Bullit intake kit for under 400 dollars is a steal. But to be honest, I have contacts who do this for a living. And none of them have heard of such a thing...

I called them, and sure enough: they're selling a Bullit Intake kit for 306.25.... isn't this a different price that was quoted before.

The parts dude wasn't too knowkedgeable and couldn't tell me what came in the "kit", or but he was "pretty sure" it included the whole intake.

To be honest, I wasn't instilled with very much confidence he knew what the heck he was talking about....

Its Ford Part #2R3Z9424AB, Hey SD, just for giggles, can you reference what that part # actually is?
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 05:36 PM   #29
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Its Ford Part #2R3Z9424AB, Hey SD, just for giggles, can you reference what that part # actually is?
I can tell you that it's the main intake only and $306 for just the main is about right. Far from the complete kit.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.modulardepot.com
Old 04-01-2002, 06:01 PM   #30
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Mustang92 - Was there a noticeable improvement in your ET after swapping over to the Bullitt intake? Have you had your car dyno'd with your mods?
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:58 PM   #31
SD Wheeler
"The Game"

Bill's right. That is simply the "lower" manifold assembly. It's not even complete enough to bolt on the throttle body (which is on backorder). You have to have the upper inlet to do that. My parts list for the complete Bullitt package is 30 line items.

Let me tell you something about the "average" parts counter guy. He/she is simply someone who shows up and sells whatever is asked for. A vast majority aren't concerned with you or I going fast or saving any money to do it. The do their job and go home. I don't really have a problem with that. There are others, however, who are very performance oriented and will take the time to do the research and gather the necessary part numbers for you. Randy Stinchcomb is one of those people. Joe Charles is another. These are two people who run Modular Mustangs and are very attuned to the aftermarket. I value their help and their friendship. Between the two of them, I have been able to do good things for my customers. Here's an example:

I can buy a brand new GT block from Joe Charles and have it shipped from Georgia to my shop in Texas for less money than what Tommie Vaughn Motors (here in Houston!) will sell me the block for. A lot less. Tommie Vaughn is one of the biggest FRPP dealers in the country but Joe can beat them every time. Why? Because he wants to see the modular cars prosper. Tommie Vaughn simply won't work with engine builders and shop owners the way that Joe and Randy will.

Rocket,
You're not offending me with that price or the information about where to get it. To be honest.......I don't even pay that much for that particular part. You're offending me with your blanket trust in some ding-dong behind a Ford counter who can't figure out whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt. Since you seem to believe him then please, by all means, go get after it. I will warn you about something though..............both Bill and I are people who will rattle off "I told you so" every chance we get.
FFW M/M #30-sponsored by Strictly Performance

Moderator, Modular Motor & Big Block Forums
Hardcore5.0
SD Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 07:49 PM   #32
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
Mustang92 - Was there a noticeable improvement in your ET after swapping over to the Bullitt intake? Have you had your car dyno'd with your mods?
Basically what I expected was a tenth ET improvement and I've gotten that so far. I say so far because my MPH is up 1.5 - 2 MPH on average so I know there is more ET to be gained yet. I'm switching tires and have some adjustments to make still.

Last dyno was with old exhaust set up and without bullitt intake at 253RWHP and 292RWTQ. I'd like to get it dynoed again but I've been really busy lately.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.modulardepot.com