MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 10:22 AM   #21
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GTvert
Could you be any more harsh on the guy?He just wanted an answer as to why his car was slow, he didn't ask you to take the governer off for him.Everyone here is guilty of speeding, otherwise you would have bought a camaro.115 isn't that fast, but it should be done at the track.Get your car to run 115 in the 1/4 and it will be a lot safer (and more impressive).But telling the kid to run into a tree?That's just wrong.Exactly how wide were the roads back in the day Deuce?Were they called wagon trails back then? Good Luck with your car Phly6

Later
Yes, I could have been more harsh on the guy. You wouldn't want to see it though.

He appears to have wised up, but wrecking it by yourself rather than crossing the double yellow and killing someone else seems like a wise choice. Am I the only one who doesn't want to get killed by some high school kid in a head on collision?

I won't even respond to those pathetic attempts at a personal attack. Just because I have a nice house and some toys, doesn't mean I'm an old man.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 10-11-2003, 08:37 PM   #22
daveGT
Registered Member

Hmm, I didn't know the newer cars had speed limiters.

I'll agree w/deuce. Just because this is a mustang board, doesn't mean we can drive irresponsibly. There is a place for triple digit speeds - AT THE TRACK. I'll sit back and keep quiet about an adult asking this type of question, because I'll make an assumption that the high speed run was possibly done at a remote location with very little chance of someone else getting hurt. However, a 17 year old making a statement like this makes my hair stand on end.

I am 36 years old, I have a lovely wife, have a lot to live for, and I don't want my life to end (or my wife's, God forbid) because of some dumbass kid (or adult) driving 115+ on a public road. Every Monday morning I listen to the radio to hear about the lasted kid killed on some two lane highway in rural Missouri. Yes, every Monday.

Instead of getting defensive about deuce's comments (and I guess mine now), listen to your wiser peers, and perhaps you can save someone elses life and possibly your own.

Have fun with the mustang, but drive safe.

'94 Lightning:
White, stock except 50 series Flowmasters

'99 GT (wife's):
Chrome yellow, stock with some pretty slick "flame" pinstripes!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #23
Phly6
Registered Member

Allright everyone this is not a debate board. All i asked for was some help not how to live my life. Dont worry about how im getting to 115, thats not what this post is for, If your goign to reply please reply with help or advice. Dont critisize me, this arent the times when you all grew up (unless your still a teen) A lot of things are diffrent now then probably when you were my age. Let me repeat myself, please do not post here to critisize me or my driving. The only person i would actually think of getting into a head on collision with was "The Deuce" if i saw him comming down the road only because I think it would make the world a little bit of a better place. Also, in my 17 years of living, i have seen one deer in florida and that WAS NOT in the middle of a four lane interstate with no trees around. That was in the middle of about 10 acres of trees. And it was only once. To calm a little more of your fears, there were three cars on the interstate within a mile or two of my position. Myself, and my two friends who just happened to pass me while i was topped out. I dont race during rush hour, i dont race through deer country, and i dont race on two lane highways with double yellow lines seperating me and the oncomming traffic. This was a three lane highway with a thirty foot median seperating the northbound traffic and the southbound traffic. The only problem i could have had that night would have been a cop. that is the only thing i am actually guility of. Now i hope this puts some of you to rest that think you have the right to tell me what to do. I will now repeat myself for a third time, i am asking nicely, PLEASE DON NOT POST HERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF MY CAR. By the way deucie, this is not my "daddy's" car, its mine, he happens to have a dodge ram 1500. I would also loke to ask "The Deuce" not to post here anymore. No one wants to hear what you call "advice" so please spend your time on another thread and not this one. Thanks. ( i apolagize if ive offended any or you who tried to help me analyize my problem with the top speed of my car )
Old 10-12-2003, 01:00 PM   #24
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Phly6
Allright everyone this is not a debate board. All i asked for was some help not how to live my life. Dont worry about how im getting to 115, thats not what this post is for, If your goign to reply please reply with help or advice. Dont critisize me, this arent the times when you all grew up (unless your still a teen) A lot of things are diffrent now then probably when you were my age. Let me repeat myself, please do not post here to critisize me or my driving. The only person i would actually think of getting into a head on collision with was "The Deuce" if i saw him comming down the road only because I think it would make the world a little bit of a better place. Also, in my 17 years of living, i have seen one deer in florida and that WAS NOT in the middle of a four lane interstate with no trees around. That was in the middle of about 10 acres of trees. And it was only once. To calm a little more of your fears, there were three cars on the interstate within a mile or two of my position. Myself, and my two friends who just happened to pass me while i was topped out. I dont race during rush hour, i dont race through deer country, and i dont race on two lane highways with double yellow lines seperating me and the oncomming traffic. This was a three lane highway with a thirty foot median seperating the northbound traffic and the southbound traffic. The only problem i could have had that night would have been a cop. that is the only thing i am actually guility of. Now i hope this puts some of you to rest that think you have the right to tell me what to do. I will now repeat myself for a third time, i am asking nicely, PLEASE DON NOT POST HERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF MY CAR. By the way deucie, this is not my "daddy's" car, its mine, he happens to have a dodge ram 1500. I would also loke to ask "The Deuce" not to post here anymore. No one wants to hear what you call "advice" so please spend your time on another thread and not this one. Thanks. ( i apolagize if ive offended any or you who tried to help me analyize my problem with the top speed of my car )
Listen junior,
How about we meet up so you can threaten my life to my face?

Also, how did you manage to come up with two cars worth over 35k that are both "yours" if the old man didn't buy them? I highly doubt you have the cash or the credit on your own from working at most two years legally while still in school.

Running that fast on I-75 or are you a South Beach brat runnin I-95? Maybe the Pike? Do tell where you are being 'careful' about going so fast.

Get over yourself dude. If you want to be an internet hero for streetracing, go to a Honda Board, or at least www.Mustangworld.com They will be a little nicer to you about it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
Old 10-12-2003, 03:43 PM   #25
Phly6
Registered Member

Deuce, did you not understand the words "Deuce, do not post here"? Apparently not so ill repeat myself. DEUCE, DO NOT POST HERE. Make your own thread. Id be happy to meet up with you, sounds like you need someone to shut you up. If you insist on posting here, i would like to know how old you are yourself. I dont feel the need to express how i got my cars to you, but i will do almost anything to shut you up, so here it goes: 1st car: 1984 firebird. 2nd car:1998 firebird which mom now owns. 3rd and current car:2003 mustang gt. Hope that makes you happy. Now please dont post here ANYMORE.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #26
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I must admit, this is pretty good entertainment. Kind of like watching the Yankees/Red Sox game the other night when a fight broke out. You hate to see it...it is bad for the sport...but you want to keep watching it once it starts.

Philly6, I think most of us in the organization would probably side with Duece if there was a vote. With that said, we also as a group care about other drivers, you included. Besides needing a group hug, in the future you may not want to admit on a message board for all to read that you broke the law and how exactly you broke it. Sure it won't turn into any type of legal trouble, but why admit it?

If you had just left out your age and any reference to driving at high speeds on public roads, nobody would have been able to be a critic.

Besides not wanting to see any Mustangs destroyed, those of us older guys spend a lot of money on insurance to drive one. My Mustang cost almost as much to insure as does my '02 Intrepid and '02 Suburban put together, why, because the percentage of accidents is so much higher in Mustangs and most younger drivers carry minimum coverage unlike the $1 Million liability policy that I must have to protect my family and my business. As a result, I don't think you will find anyone who will support driving at high speeds.

Philly6, your threats towards another user in this group only add credibility to your critics by making you sound immature, but I DO THINK you have a right as a Thread Starter to ask someone to not respond anymore. It's your thread.

And if you ever do meet the Deuce, you will have a hard time catching him if you still haven't figured out how to remove the governor.

God Bless and drive responsibly fun.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 10-12-2003, 08:51 PM   #27
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I think we're done here...

As the moderator I want to add my 2 cents...
Why? 'Cause I can...

First thing is that almost every one of us at some point in time has had a stoplight race or two. We're car people, it happens...

But to be doing 115 down a freeway?
I have a wife and a daughter, and to be honest, if some kid lost it on the freeway and killed my family, there would be hell to pay, and I would be sending him there with the help of my 9mm...
In my opinion, There is just no reason for high speed crap on the highway.

This is not a personal attack on you Phly, just some words from a concerned father and a fellow stang junky...

Try to keep it at the track.
Closed Thread