MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-19-2003, 10:14 PM   #21
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

Trust me.The gears might not give you any horsepower,but your car will feel like it did.It's definitely worth it.I got 3.73 gears and i gotta say i'm VERy satisfied.This should definitely be one of the first mods in your mustang.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:16 PM   #22
Phly6
Registered Member

what number (ratio?) should i get, ive heard 4's, 3 somethings, etc. all kinds how do i know which is the best and which will be best for the track?
Phly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:20 PM   #23
06Stang
Registered Member

But for us automatic guys, I was under the impression that if you did the gears and, since its an auto, got a chip or tuner to correct the speedo, you could pretty much kiss your warranty goodbye. Is this incorrect? I have read that any change to the computer kicks up a red flag in the computer that cant be removed and will show up if you ever take it in for warranty work and would cause you to lose the warranty! Does anybody have a different story, or have an auto that theyve done this too and still being covered under warranty? Sorry for all the questions but i dont want to lose that warranty!

Will
Old 10-19-2003, 10:34 PM   #24
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

I don't really care about warranties.Anyway.If it's an automatic most people will recommend 4.10s,if it's a manual most people will reccomend 3.73s.And that's for daily driven cars.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:24 PM   #25
GTvert
Registered Member

Yeah, I'm still under warranty.I keep the programmer in my car with me in case it breaks down away from my home dealership.In about 15 minutes, you can put all your stock settings back into the computer.Then they can put your car on a scanner and everything will show up normal.It resets your codes when you de-tune it.Just tell them you had your battery cables off when you were working on the stereo or whatever.That resets your computer too.My dealership didn't care, they knew I had the programmer, and I just made sure I put everything back to stock before I took it in for service.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:27 AM   #26
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Aftermarket gears generally aren't enough to void your warranty.

The greatest issue with warranty work is the dealership's policy on servicing lightly modified vehicles. Some will do the install for you, hence not warranty problems.

As for the topic, Preludes ---- no a worry. If highly modified, well that's a different story.

Stock vs Stock no sweat, victory in the blue corner.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:26 PM   #27
SmokinStangGT
Registered Member

heckno!
89' GT with 5spd Hurst short throw, Keith Black 12:1 comp. pistons, Sealed Power drag racing rings, Fms F303 Cam, Ported and polished upper and lower intake with Ported E7TE heads that contain comp. cam double coiled springs with titainum locks and steel retainers, Fel-Pro Head Gaskets, 9mm ford racing wires, BBK chrome unequal shortys, Power Throttle bodies 70mm, Edlebrock 70mm EGR plate, 15inch K&N, Bassani X-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, Eibach 1 1/2 lowering springs, Cobra R rims 17X9 with p235 on front and p275 on rear with Falken Zeix tires-RUNNING!
SmokinStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote