MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #21
JBeryleC
Registered Member

well... I have gotten used to that process cause we had a '95 Tbird with the 4.6...

So with every oil change I sprayed the MAF down with carb cleaner Never had a K&N in there, but same concept.

so ok, I cant pick up that habbit again easily! hehe
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:27 PM   #22
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Gears going on next week. I called the shop (only do Mustangs) to find out about fluid. They strongly recomend non-synthetic on my 2000 for the rear end. Reported lots of problems with anything but. On newer stangs, they said it is fine. Would only warrenty the install with the correct fluid.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:52 PM   #23
JBeryleC
Registered Member

So the shop told you for 2000 rear ends syn fluid isnt good, but anything newer its fine???

That doesnt make sense, we have the same rear end... nothing changed from 2000 to 2002

same components.

???
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 11:29 PM   #24
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Roger that! The info was being relayed to me from the service manager by a non-tech person. I could not ask for clarification, but they were emphatic about it. I will ask for clarification when I get gears installed.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:01 AM   #25
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
Roger that! The info was being relayed to me from the service manager by a non-tech person. I could not ask for clarification, but they were emphatic about it. I will ask for clarification when I get gears installed.
thats funny the only thing that has changed in the rearend since 86 is disc brakes, and adding the abs rings with traction control

plus i have never such thing and I have been dealing with a least 5 shops and ford them selfs

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote