MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #21
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
Truth be known...I have yet to see any Hardcore Mustang Racer endorse any commercial "cold air kits" ...

The cold air does do one thing...makes it look like you did something to your engine...
If there is one post to remember in this thread, that's the one...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:09 PM   #22
chiaronate
Registered Member

Default pro m

ok, i recently read in a mm&ff magazine about installing a 80mm c&l mass air meter on a 2001 mustang gt with automatic transmission. this car was completely stock except for 15 degrees of timing and underdrive pullies. after installation, there was a gain of 7.6 horsepower and 2ft.-lbs. of torque. i recently ordered the pro-m 80mm mass-air meter from ebay. it does not have an intake tube, it consists of a high-flow filter connected to the throttle body. does anyone know what the performance difference would be with the pro-m?

current performance mods:
80mm pro-m with filter
c&l plenum
mac 70mm throttle body
mac underdrive pulleys
pro 5.0 shifter
3.90 gears
dynomax super turbo mufflers
diablosport predator programmer

future performance mods:
x-pipe with converters
chiaronate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #23
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Man, I love this thread. Soo entertaining. CAI discussion always get people excited.

I have the Steeda, and I must say my SOP really felt it big time. Course, that's where my wallet is. (ha ha)

I have seen dynos where CAI's showed big improvement...especially in blown cobras. I fail to see how they would slow down a car as some also say they do.

Here is my thought. CAI's will make you run more lean. I think this is where some of the added power can come from or be lost depending on where your a/f ends up.

I would love to take mine out and run the stock intake on the dyno...a little side by side comparison. I will say though that when I pull my headlight with the Steeda, it really helps.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 02:18 PM   #24
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I have heard that the MAF is tuned for the length of the inlet tube between it and the filter. Wonder if this could be the reason that some people see a loss when adding a cold air kit. I've been considering the full length Densecharger kit that includes a new mass air meter that is supposedly calibrated to work with it.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote