MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-14-2001, 11:11 PM   #21
98 NosStang
Registered Member

Lightbulb

[This message has been edited by 98 NosStang (edited 08-15-2001).]
98 NosStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 11:12 PM   #22
98 NosStang
Registered Member

Lightbulb

ALRIGHT GUYS CUT ME A BRAKE, IM NEW TO THE GAME , ,,,WHAT I MENT ABOUT THE GTECH WAS THAT I RAN AT MOROSO AND THE GTECH CLOCKED ME AT ALMOST THE EXACT TIMING AS THE MOROSO CLOCK .SO I RAN IN THE STREET AFTER I PUT IN THE TB ON SATURDAY, AND THE TIME WAS ALMOST A SEC LESS,,(when it comes to the gtech i know it isnt set in stone.) ....BUT LIKE YOU GUYS SAID I AM GOING TO LEAVE THE MOROSO CLOCK TO BE THE TRUE JUDGE OF MY TIMING. THANKS FOR NOT FLAMING ME THAT BAD. And ill definatley take your word for it Mustang92, considering that i know you are a veteran to this, and im still a rookie. by the way do you think 100 shot is too much for my 98 stang. or is it just about right.

------------------
1998 MUSTANG GT 4.6L /CONVERTIBLE. AUTOMATIC.FLOWMASTERS, JBA SHORTY HEADERS,X-PIPES,.373 GEARS, 70MM THROTTLE BODY, BBK COLD AIR INDUCTION W/FILTER,50-150SHOTNOS KIT (AT 100 SHOT NOW.ONLY KICKS IN AT FULL THROTTLE),4 POINT HOOKER HEADERS ROLLBAR.(READY TO MAKE IT A 6- POINT ROLL CAGE)
Old 08-15-2001, 10:19 AM   #23
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by bark3rd:
Hi mustang 92, I can't believe this thread made it this far without a post from you! You were pretty down on nitrous on my poll post before I bought it, I still agree with you that it is a bit risky when running 100 shot or more. I saw a guy toast his engine with a 150 shot the other night (you probably saw my post about it on stangnet). I think the colder plugs, retarded timing, bottle warmer, purge, nitrous pressure guage, micro switch, and nos octane booster help minimize the risk. The guy that blew up his brand new 01 GT had none of these things and was running a 150 shot (NX) with a momentary button. Nevertheless, I am jonesing to try the 100 shot! Also, I think I'm going to get a 70mm throttle body and go to Moroso so I can run 11's! (just kidding, no flames 98nosstang)
Far as I'm concerned I've said my piece. Everyone pretty much knows where I stand with wet kits and I didn't want to start any arguements. I'm glad your having fun with it and didn't want to ruin that. Personally I'm happy for you and hope you don't run into any problems. At this point there nothing more that I can say and it's up to everyone to learn for themselves. You asked about those things helping...they do help but won't prevent fuel puddling in the intake. Although momentary switches are a bad idea if used right they can be okay. In that guys case he didn't know what he was doing.

As far as how much nitrous our motors can handle??? Nobody really knows. I've seen and heard of guys running 5lbs of boost and popping their pistons. With that low of boost it's about 75-100hp over stock but it's progressive. Nitrous is instant so although it's for intermittent bursts it still puts allot pressure on the motor. The types of things bark3rd mentioned reduce the possibility of detonation which will kill your motor.

In my old car 92lx with cast pistons I didn't hestitate to run a 190 shot our cars have the hyperjunk pistons which aren't nearly as good. I do plan on running a dry kit on my car eventually unless I come across a killer deal on a blower or turbo. I will most likely stick with a 100 shot (since it will put me easily into the 11's). With all the safety precautions a dry kit should be fine up to 100-150 shot if the A/F ratio if good.
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 11:10 PM   #24
98 NosStang
Registered Member

ohh yeah i forgot ....im also running the dry kit nos, ..not wet..

------------------
1998 MUSTANG GT 4.6L /CONVERTIBLE. AUTOMATIC.FLOWMASTERS, JBA SHORTY HEADERS,X-PIPES,.373 GEARS, 70MM THROTTLE BODY, BBK COLD AIR INDUCTION W/FILTER,50-150SHOTNOS KIT (AT 100 SHOT NOW.ONLY KICKS IN AT FULL THROTTLE),4 POINT HOOKER HEADERS ROLLBAR.(READY TO MAKE IT A 6- POINT ROLL CAGE)
Old 08-17-2001, 07:56 AM   #25
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by 98 NosStang:
ohh yeah i forgot ....im also running the dry kit nos, ..not wet..

In that case you should be fine. In fact if your running the dry kit made for your car you should have the fuel pressure switch for safety if you don't look into it if you have it then good. Also are you running stock plugs?

Old 08-20-2001, 04:51 AM   #26
98 NosStang
Registered Member

no mine didnt bring that feul pressure switch. but i will look into it..., and im running on splitfire plugs, with synthetic oil.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:05 AM   #27
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by 98 NosStang:
no mine didnt bring that feul pressure switch. but i will look into it..., and im running on splitfire plugs, with synthetic oil.
Just a suggestion but I would ditch the splitfires, and if you run 100+ shot more often use one step colder heat range plug. Not sure if 98's and 00's use the same plug or not. I use NGK TR-55's (stock heat range), one step colder would be a TR-6.