MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-21-2002, 09:25 PM   #21
apenn

Let me jump into this big mess now. I believe the point was that someone asked how to spend $850 the best way. Being this is a Mustang Motorhead site, nobody's going to give you suggetions on a better set of tweeters, but rather they're going to give you suggestions on how to make your car faster. Heck a K&N airfilter alone is probably going to cost you $100, and it won't do jack for your car alone. I thought someone (I think it was Titan) made an excellent suggestion of gears, which installed cost between $400 and $600 and a set of mufflers would cost another $175 to $250 (which I suggested, as it sounded like you wanted the sound of power, without spending the big bucks on a full exhaust system, I'm glad I didn't tell you what I paid for my exhaust system, you probably really would have freaked). So there was your $850. So here we are making some pretty good suggestions for you (which you asked for) and all you do is complain that it's too expensive. What the heck? Why did you put the post out there to begin with, or at least say you've changed your mind and are going to spend it elsewhere.

Anyways, when your ready to discuss spending money on car performance upgrades.....something you could post might be, "Gee $600 is a lot of money for me now, is gears really going to help that much?" And then we'd all jump in with our opinions and experiences with gears, or other less expensive mods......rather than, "Holy $%#@* cow $600 is a lot of money I'd rather upgrade my stereo for that!". I think you should go find some stereo chat room to make fun of all the gearheads here who would rather spend money making their car go faster, than upgrading there stereo.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:26 AM   #22
Titan
Registered Member

HAHA...this has to be the funniest thread I've ever read...lmao

Since we're on the bashing subject, I (the college boy) just wanted to inform you that there is referring to a place, they're is a contraction for they are...

Anyway, a stereo is fine if that's what you choose to do. You just asked what we thought about exhaust. Sorry to piss you off that bad...

Black on Black 98' GT 5-Speed
Mods = Stuff
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #23
wantapony2001
Registered Member

no i wasnt pissed off, just was wondering why i was being flamed, u said it right i shouldve said i changed my mind and didnt want speed just yet, but no hard feelings guys, titan u were right on the money with the gears, but like i said, im a musician and i want a few tunes first, but i still want those gears : ) , i will hopefully come back to you guys when im ready for some real speed, again no hard feelings guys, just a misscomunication
wantapony2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #24
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wantapony2001
no snakedriver im on long island, and why am i being flamed just because i want a stereo?? i dont get it, i want a fast car too, but going .10th of a second isnt worth 500-600$ yet, i would love 4.10's tho, but in due time i suppose , and duece, those people with there louder and more expensive stereos....whats your point, there cool right? but im not allowed to get a stereo cause its not cool ? u make no point
All I was saying is there will always be someone louder, faster, stonger, richer, whatever. Do whatever is going to get you up in the morning. I'd rather have gears, or exhaust.

It seemed like you went from wanting performance to wanting a cool stereo. Heck the first mod in my car was a new head unit and 10-disc. Second will be K&N and mufflers. I put that about the Taurus because you totally turned and ran from perf mods.

The point is you asked us all what we would do with the money and I would not spend it on a stereo. Is that clear enough?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 08:12 AM   #25
apenn

Default Group Hug

This was a very amusing thread to follow and participate in! However, I do believe we just acheived the first Mustangworks group hug! Good luck with whatever you decide purchase.