MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 PM   #21
gbranton
Registered Member

I almost hated to post, but it struck such a nerve with me, because I am a new car dealership service consultant, a hard core Stanger AND the owner of a new Mustang who has visions of abuse. Emotions run high sometimes, but I didn't find Hammer's remarks particularly disturbing. Hopefully the good part of all this for me is, I've found a new place to hang out online.
2001 GT Bullitt True Blue #4398: 80mm C&L mass air, K&N, more to come...

1990 GT 'vert: World Products Stage II ported heads, Performer 5.0 intake, E-303 cam, 65mm tb, 73mm mass air, #24 inj, 3:55's, Steeda sport springs, MM caster camber plates, ect, ect, ect, ect.....
gbranton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 07:45 PM   #22
induction
The Brit!

Hammer

Hammer, listen you don't need the approval of 70 Million people to feel good about yourself or anything you do. I understand that in hein sight (sp) You feel that a better decision could have been made on your part because you are a moderator and a good hearted person that wants to please. But do you think that if you would have deleted it a better service to others would have been done? I DON'T THINK SO and nither do you!!!
Also "" I KNOW "" that when you take on a task no matter how large, odd, meaningless, relentless , or otherwise described you follow it to the end or do it till it's the best you know how even then you question yourself no matter what anyone tells you .!
I only point this out to you because you know it to be true. So this is that first breath you take when a task is at hand , The only difference is the task is you. Tell yourself what you need others to, " Everything is fine and the world is not going to tip over because of what others think of my actions!!! ****'em if they wanted it a different way then they should have done it themselves"." Thats why you were appointed to oversee the forum , You are the person for the job without a doubt and you do it well!

Remember you earned your position on the site(MW) for several reasons and you'll keep it .
The other thing you tend to forget to tell yourself is , " I am aware that I take everything I do as a reflection of myself and given a position to make a difference failure is not an option ,it is a fear, although with this task comes an element in that I have no control it must be accepted and delt with for my own well being."
As for the way most (99.98%) of us feel regarding your judgement,advice, and simply who you are, we would go into battle with you armed with a single toothpic and a pair on nail clippers . Just tell us when and where! Now that's respect so bank on it!
This time as I am posative meny before you helped someone you didn't know without even knowing it ! Now how cool is that?!

BTW... I bet Steve Saleen will hand deliver the new Cobra , or maby even Rousch what do you think?
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27

Last edited by induction; 09-27-2002 at 08:34 PM..
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 06:21 AM   #23
Red Mustang Gt 46
13.3 @ 103

Holy ****!.... lot of responses...
I don't think the thread hurt MW's reputation at all...
"Hammer" a topic like that is hard to control anyhow...very touchy.
COMP CAMS
FRPP
MSD
Bassani
Magnaflow
MAC
Red Mustang Gt 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:28 PM   #24
ylw99vert
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GaryDawg
I hate to tell you "I told you so..." but I did PM you (Hammer) very early in this thread to warn you of what this was becomming...

I like you Hammer and I like Mustang Works because we don't have the children flame fests here. This thread needed to be locked up early... and it amazes me that it is still not locked up... This board will suffer until it is...

P.S. Deleting the thread completely would probably solve your bandwidth problems and things could get back to normal...
Why would you want to delete the thread??
Why would you lock a thread that has such a huge following and a huge interest to everyone from around the world?

This thread was treated correctly by keeping it open so that people can see if your dumb enough to abuse someone elses property, then post it on a board so that your bud's can pat you on the back about it, your gonna catch hell.
The guy lost his job and he should have. Would you have wanted to read about your car on this thread?
If it was your car would you have wanted the thread deleted and swept under the rug so noone knew that your car was abused and you were laughed at?
Not a flame Gary, but you don't sound like much of a moderator to me.
Your constant asking for this to be closed and deleted amazes me and others. If you bury your head in the sand the problem will go away??

Hammer might have erred in his original post, but he was man enuff to post a thread to explain his actions and apolagize.
Very Cool and very top notch on his part.
I'm not a regular on this board, in fact I never knew it existed until this post about my friends car, but I might stick around to see what I can learn.
It seems like a good board with good peeps for the most part.
Rich
ylw99vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 01:11 PM   #25
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Hammer :)

I just wanna say that I can see how it was overlooked in the beginning, and I think Hammer handled it very well after he realized where it was going! Hes still THE MAN and has my respect and support, and Is a vital element to MW!

I dont think that Dan would even think twice about letting him go! I doubt that that thought has EVEN entered his mind! I dont think the thread should be closed either. IMO.

ONE THING has been really bugging me!!!!!!!!!!! WHY THE CONSTANT REMARKS about this putting $$$ in Dan's pocket???????? He did not ask for this to happen, and has busted his AS$ to keep the board going!!???? Ive seen that comment made at LEAST 3 times! That is not the issue, and I still think the dealer ship should pay the bill for the bandwidth this month! Even if it was meant jokingly, enough is enough w/ that one!....

Dan and Hammer: As I said b4, ya'll handled this whole fiasco VERY WELL and I commend ya'll for it and for your professionalism in it! If I was near ya'll, I'd buy you BOTH a few rounds!!!!!!! Take care, Christine TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:31 PM   #26
digital3.3

i agree with topless on this topic hammer, it was handled and mustangworks hasn't come off looking bad. so i too back you dude.

murray
Old 09-29-2002, 11:48 AM   #27
Mikey
Vermont Stanger

Default Re: 03 Cobra Incident...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
......... Dan is going through hell...
Who is Dan, and why is he going thru hell as u say?
Old 09-29-2002, 12:56 PM   #28
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: 03 Cobra Incident...

Quote:
Originally posted by m i k e o n e
Who is Dan, and why is he going thru hell as u say?
Dan McClain is the sole owner, builder, administrator, and operator of this website. He got the happy task of throwing a new server into place to accomodate the extra traffic to keep the board up while it was experiencing 300-1500 hits per minute.

Dan has poured 10s of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into keeping this site up and running over the years, and I agree with you on the Dan making money deal, Topless. Most website admins/owners know advertisements usually don't pay much for just views, but do pay decent for people who click on them to go to the advertisers site.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:05 PM   #29
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Wow, I just got around to seeing all this. Now I know why I couldn't get on the board all week.

Dan - Once again, a big thanks goes out to you for getting the site up and running again. I know you have heard it before, but the members here at MW really do appreciate all you do.

Hammer - I think you are being a little hard on yourself. Overall the thread was handled well, so don't sweat it !

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 09:01 PM   #30
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Hethj7
Wow, I just got around to seeing all this. Now I know why I couldn't get on the board all week.

Dan - Once again, a big thanks goes out to you for getting the site up and running again. I know you have heard it before, but the members here at MW really do appreciate all you do.

Hammer - I think you are being a little hard on yourself. Overall the thread was handled well, so don't sweat it !
Yeah Hammer, no need to explain yourself. we all know your a nut!

Dan, what kind of cookies do you like?
Old 09-29-2002, 09:47 PM   #31
GaryDawg
Registered Member

Ylw99vert.... the only reason I said that the thread should be deleted was because of the huge number of hits it was getting. Over 200,000 views I'm sure costed the owners of this site a bit of money... And it didn't just affect this site but every site that "sourced" an image or banner within that thread tooks hits also. My personal site is shut down till the beginning of next month because of my banner being in that thread and it exceeded my personal website limits. It's not my website I was concerned about because all I had to do was take my banner out of my profile and my site will come back up on Tuesday Oct. 1st. I moderate another board and when we can that kind of usage it costs us money... That's all...

I totally agreed that the guy (who drove the Cobra) did wrong and am glad he lost his job...
GaryDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 10:07 PM   #32
StangFlyer
Founder

Hammers position here was never in question. The reason he made this post in the first place was that he felt really bad for only skimming over the post when he made his initial comments and not fully grasping what this guy was bragging about. That was obvious when he later made a follow up post with several negative comments about what this guy had done.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 12:10 PM   #33
ylw99vert
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by GaryDawg
Ylw99vert.... the only reason I said that the thread should be deleted was because of the huge number of hits it was getting. Over 200,000 views I'm sure costed the owners of this site a bit of money... And it didn't just affect this site but every site that "sourced" an image or banner within that thread tooks hits also. My personal site is shut down till the beginning of next month because of my banner being in that thread and it exceeded my personal website limits. It's not my website I was concerned about because all I had to do was take my banner out of my profile and my site will come back up on Tuesday Oct. 1st. I moderate another board and when we can that kind of usage it costs us money... That's all...

I totally agreed that the guy (who drove the Cobra) did wrong and am glad he lost his job...
That's cool Gary,
I am really glad it didn't get deleted.
Alot of support has been shown from all kinds of enthusiast the world over.
It might cause a small disruption for a short time, but in the end, it will all be cool again and alot of new peeps have found the board. Me included!
Rich
Old 10-04-2002, 02:06 PM   #34
GodStang
College Stanger

Hammer

In the past you have done alot to help people with Mustang questions. I hope that for this incident that we do not lose you. I respect what you have to say and take it into consideration. I hope things get better.

-Godbee
Old 10-05-2002, 08:18 AM   #35
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Hammer's an old salt.

He can weather this lil' storm.

SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 08:53 AM   #36
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by SMOKE
Hammer's an old salt.

He can weather this lil' storm.

Old Salt?!?
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:24 PM   #37
03RSXTypeS
Registered Member

apparently same **** happens at parking garages...same story guy leaves his car...but here the moron actually damaged the car...and then he actually insulted the owner...too bad the owner is actually a mod on that forum...show support

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=46897
03RSXTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote