MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2003, 12:53 PM   #21
420nitro
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Nitrous

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0

I helped a friend hook up a vortech SQ trim blower to his 5.0. His timing retard box wasnt working right and he destroyed a set of aluminum heads and his block in 3 days.
I bet your friend hates Msd now or what ever ignition company it was from.
But now you know to check the ignition componets before driving it. Never trust the vital components of a kit. Test them first. (Fuel: fmu, pumps and injectors. Ignition: btm, spark plugs,etc. Nature of the beast. Live and learn.
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:25 PM   #22
Titan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by explicitone
and if he is using nos kit then its a dry kit tell me how would a dry kit do anything but lower the temps of the manifold
[/B]
I will be the first to say I know absolutely nothing about NOS (except it's fun to ride in a car with one); but from a chemistry stand-point, I would have to disagree with this statement.

Nitrogen burns much hotter and faster than oxygen, hence the power. When a car runs rich off gas, oxygen is the limiting reactant. Add forced nitrogen, you get a leaner running car that can utilize the extra gas. Now I know there's a difference in where the gas is injected/mixed and where the gas is burned, but I can't see a much hotter, much faster burning air/fuel mixture cooling down any manifold. The engine heat should (theoretically) do nothing but rise...right into the (everybody knows) crap-asss plastic manifold.

Now, you guys go back at it, hell, flame me for all I care. It makes these long restless days at work a little more interesting.

--Merry Christmas
(to bad we suck football, but damn our basketball team is hot...Conn. who???)

Black on Black 98' GT 5-Speed
Mods = Stuff
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:54 PM   #23
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan
I will be the first to say I know absolutely nothing about NOS (except it's fun to ride in a car with one); but from a chemistry stand-point, I would have to disagree with this statement.

Nitrogen burns much hotter and faster than oxygen, hence the power. When a car runs rich off gas, oxygen is the limiting reactant. Add forced nitrogen, you get a leaner running car that can utilize the extra gas. Now I know there's a difference in where the gas is injected/mixed and where the gas is burned, but I can't see a much hotter, much faster burning air/fuel mixture cooling down any manifold. The engine heat should (theoretically) do nothing but rise...right into the (everybody knows) crap-asss plastic manifold.

Now, you guys go back at it, hell, flame me for all I care. It makes these long restless days at work a little more interesting.

--Merry Christmas
(to bad we suck football, but damn our basketball team is hot...Conn. who???)
Your missing ingredient for a hot intake is ignition. It's not untill you have spark, when temperature increase. If you notice when you are in a car with nitrous, the temp. of the car does increase. That's why you need to pay attention to your guages and not spray the car when the temp are over 200 degrees. (well at least I don't) Now if the intake melted on a dry shot, they're had to be a backfire of some sort.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by 420nitro; 12-28-2003 at 10:11 PM..
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:35 PM   #24
Redstang96
Registered Member

Wow!sorry for not responding.I was busy with the holiday gig.I had no idea I had that many responses.I appreciate all the info but my biggest concern is the stock rotating assembly.My long term goals are a built short block,ported and polished heads,a new intake,and maybe turbo or supercharging.My mods are limited at the moment,(just exhaust).but by spring ill see 373s.Maybe i should concentrate on intake for now,Maf,throttle body,pulleys,a chip????then get the N2O????.Im just frustrated with the power and i want a boost while i save for heads and an intake .what do u guys think?
Redstang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #25
SOHCGT96
Registered Member

N/m. Posted in the wrong place.
SOHCGT96 is offline   Reply With Quote