MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-22-2004, 08:15 PM   #61
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Thanks 420! Anyone else? I am really open on this issue.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:18 PM   #62
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Everyone seems to agree.. 4.10's

Let me know when they're done man... gotta know how you like 'em

It'll be great input coming from someone fresh off the stock gears! I wanna know how 1st gear changes for ya.. lol

Make sure to post the results, please
Thanks!
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #63
420nitro
Registered Member

Oh yea....Blake
When you spray it with the new gear...a bit of warning..it will climb faster (through the rpms) then if you revved it in neutral on motor!
You also might hurt those pretty new tires too!
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:38 PM   #64
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

I'm getting some 3.73 installed in a couple of hours.

Looking forward in having my speedo all fluffed up.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:48 PM   #65
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

420nitro, you crack me up. Those tires are toast! Lets hear it for $116 each for 285/40's from Tire Rack.

I hope I can shift that fast....ya hoo!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 03-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #66
TARZAN
Registered Member

IF it is your first time to spray a mod motor, AND its a standard, be SURE to have a WOT and WINDOW switch. IF you're spraying and you tach out (hit the rev limiter) you will have some MAJOR problems.....

BTW, if you stay N/A, 4.30's are the way to go

-Will

-Will
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:02 PM   #67
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Tarzan:

I am planning on using the Venom system. It has a WOT switch, but no window switch. The system is a very safe system as far as nitrous goes.

My Stang:
Old 03-22-2004, 11:06 PM   #68
TARZAN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
Tarzan:

I am planning on using the Venom system. It has a WOT switch, but no window switch. The system is a very safe system as far as nitrous goes.

If there is not window switch I wouldn't do it man, thats all there is to it. Unless it has some sort of safety mechanism that I don't know about.....

If you hit the rev limiter (could happen for a variety of reasons, slow shift, missed shift, slipping clutch, etc...) and you still have some juice sprayin, you'll be lucky if all that goes is your lil plastic intake.

-Will

-Will
Old 03-22-2004, 11:07 PM   #69
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TARZAN
IF it is your first time to spray a mod motor, AND its a standard, be SURE to have a WOT and WINDOW switch. IF you're spraying and you tach out (hit the rev limiter) you will have some MAJOR problems.....
Will
Very good point!!!!!!
I just assume people have these things when they get nitrous kits but alot of people are unaware of such devices! I couldn't tell you how gratefull I am of mine.
Thanks for pointing this out. Alot of the new people to nitrous should have this in there cars.
IT SHOULD BE PART OF THE KIT!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:11 PM   #70
TARZAN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 420nitro
Very good point!!!!!!
I just assume people have these things when they get nitrous kits but alot of people are unaware of such devices! I couldn't tell you how gratefull I am of mine.
Thanks for pointing this out. Alot of the new people to nitrous should have this in there cars.
IT SHOULD BE PART OF THE KIT!

Glad I brought this up then. And we have a problem that most 5.0 owners don't face. THE PLASTIC INTAKE!!!!

It'll go in a heartbeat w/ a N2O backfire......

not to mention the heads and internal parts have been known to bite the dust

-Will

-Will
Old 03-23-2004, 07:19 AM   #71
explicitone
Registered Member

I say 4.10s and dont look back

and I agree window switch or dont spray

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 10:13 AM   #72
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TARZAN
Glad I brought this up then. And we have a problem that most 5.0 owners don't face. THE PLASTIC INTAKE!!!!

It'll go in a heartbeat w/ a N2O backfire......

not to mention the heads and internal parts have been known to bite the dust

-Will
Thats why I always run a NOS dry kit or a plate between the upper and lower. I don't believe they make one for the mod motors but the new fogger is what I would get. I do not favor fuel going threw the upper intake. I know that people don't like the dry kit, but I have never had problems and every car that I put the kit on...never had problems. Everytime I saw someone that messed up there motors with a dry kit..messed it up themselves! YES, IT WAS USSER ERROR!
My experance...I am sure people have seen different. Use what works for you then.
My .02
Old 03-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #73
explicitone
Registered Member

almost all the nitrous cars I have seen blow were due to usser error in one way or another

both wet and dry can be safe if used right and the right saftey equipment is in place

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #74
420nitro
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by explicitone
almost all the nitrous cars I have seen blow were due to usser error in one way or another

both wet and dry can be safe if used right and the right saftey equipment is in place
Very true, but how many of them were from a nitrous backfire due to fuel puddling in the intake?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:05 PM   #75
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 420nitro
Very true, but how many of them were from a nitrous backfire due to fuel puddling in the intake?
I have never seem it happen when they were using a window switch(thats was working right)

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #76
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Good point guys! Yes, I am going with the 4.10's!!! I have 4.10's on the way and my 3.73's are going back.

My chip is still missing in action. I shipped it back over a week ago to get re-burned and it has not turned up. Can you believe that? I insured it. It appears that it may have gone to an old PO Box that the company does not use anymore...they were supposed to hunt it down today, but I have not heard anything.

The Venom N02 system is probably the safest on the market. It ties directly to the TPS and constantly monitors the 02 sensor. Based on lean or rich conditions, it pulses each individual fuel injector. The system is so safe that they sometimes get complaints that it is too conservative and limits spray too often. This si NOT the right system for the experienced driver looking for SERIOUS amounts of boost. With 150 spray, I have been told to expect 75 rwhp gain.

Rev limiter - I understand what you mean...no fuel with lots of n02 is not a good thing. Especially with a driver new to N02....those rpms can climb pretty fast. I am not sure how the Venom system accounts for this, but I will certainly ask. I will not buy unless it has a built-in window switch or if one can be added or if there is some other type of saefty mechanism that does the same thing.

My Stang:
Old 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #77
ac97gt
Registered Member

sorta on the same topic... i have heard from a frew people that its possible to go 90 in second gear in the cobras (i think 01/02 at least) whats the deal with that?

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #78
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ac97gt
sorta on the same topic... i have heard from a frew people that its possible to go 90 in second gear in the cobras (i think 01/02 at least) whats the deal with that?
nope, sorry it wont happen

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 04-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #79
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Jess:

I had my 4.10's installed today. Had to drive in the rain 90 miles home, but, they are amazing. What the F was I waiting for? Don't fear the gear! This is the way the car should drive. If I had to do again, I think I would go with 4.30's.

They wake the car right up. 2nd is nice from a start and then all the way past 50+ mph. It feels like I dropped a small turbo in it. Tires loose traction easier too through third. It was a pleasure on the highway.

Tomorrow should be dry and sunny. I will test the car in all gears with my g meter and I am sure I will record higher g forces in all gears especially 1 - 3.

I also got my subframes installed. The car feels brand-new. CJ Pony did the work for me in Harrisburg.

My Stang:
Old 04-08-2004, 10:50 PM   #80
explicitone
Registered Member

im glad you like them

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________