MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-30-2004, 08:42 PM   #21
SleeperGT
Registered Member

Here's a little input on the Kenne Belle, not sure if is worth anything. This past weekend I had my car tuned and there an 02 GT getting his Kenne Belle, 10 pound, intercooled kit tuned also. He made 355 rwhp. He had all the standard mods, exhaust, 90 mm MAS, plus long tube headers, stock gears though with a 5-spd. My Vortech'ed GT, running 6 pounds of boost made 320 rwhp. My boost was down because I did not upgrade to the smaller pulley when I had an air to air intercooler installed. My tune was done on the stock, largest SC pulley, 3.6"". When the car was tuned without the intercooler I was making 350 rwhp on 12 pounds of boost. That's on a total investment of about $3600, including installation. That is on a stock MAS, 30 pound injectors, no C&L upper intake, and stock throttle body. It did have a custom tuned Diablo Chip. These dyno #'s are on a Mustang Dyno. I went for a ride in the Kenne Belle GT and it was impressive, especially considering he was on the 3.27 gears. Amazing how different the boost works with the roots type blower, I mean he was at 10 pounds of boost instantly, no gradual build like the centrifugal SC. He hit the gas and that boost needle instantly stood at attention.
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's
Steeda Lower Control Arms
358 rwhp (Mustang Dyno)

New Track Times Coming Soon
SleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 PM   #22
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Yes, and that instant boost is exactly what I want... that means you get all the benifits all through the entire rpm range

And I finely got a ride in a charged stang!!! I know it's a little different than the mod, but here's the info...

1993 Mustang GT auto vert.
He was running the same setup I want, 8psi intercooled twin screw... and let me tell you.. FAST FAST FAST!!

He ran regular gas (90 octane).. and the temp was stable in the norm. No probs that I could see. But I hear people saying that 8psi on regular gas is gonna cause problems... ??
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!
Click here for pictures & more info!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
JBeryleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #23
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sleeper_stang_2000
I run drag radials and take a look at my stats....never broken any driveline components....it can take it!
you have a auto
they in NO WAY put any where near the stress on the drivetrain that a 5 speed will
yes there are autos running 10s with the stock rear stuff and then there are guys running mid 13s and that break them using a 5 speed

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #24
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JBeryleC
Yes, and that instant boost is exactly what I want... that means you get all the benifits all through the entire rpm range

And I finely got a ride in a charged stang!!! I know it's a little different than the mod, but here's the info...

1993 Mustang GT auto vert.
He was running the same setup I want, 8psi intercooled twin screw... and let me tell you.. FAST FAST FAST!!

He ran regular gas (90 octane).. and the temp was stable in the norm. No probs that I could see. But I hear people saying that 8psi on regular gas is gonna cause problems... ??
8psi on pump gas is fine with the right tune

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 04-01-2004, 12:59 PM   #25
JBeryleC
Registered Member

Cool thanks!

KB programs a chip and includes it in the kit... so I guess thats taken care of

I wonder if they'll program other stuff in for me? Speedo fix & trac loc OFF by default (important: messes with a/f upon sensing tire slip) Correct?

None of my other mods should need tuning, keeping stock MAS.. so all should be good.
BBK long tubes, BBK h-pipe, MAC mufflers, K&N w/ silencer trimmed, FRPP 70mm throttle body, C&L plenum, Mobil1 synthetic fluids, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, FRPP 4.10's, 18x9 & 18x10 Saleens with Dunlop SP Super Sport Race rubber, Mach1 grill (GT delete), & Mach1 bumper chin!

If you are in Northern California, check out North Bay Mustang Club for local meets and cruises!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #26
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Cool thanks!

KB programs a chip and includes it in the kit... so I guess thats taken care of

I wonder if they'll program other stuff in for me? Speedo fix & trac loc OFF by default (important: messes with a/f upon sensing tire slip) Correct?

None of my other mods should need tuning, keeping stock MAS.. so all should be good.
yes they come with a base tune, but the car should still be dyno tuned after install to get everything right

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 04-01-2004, 10:27 PM   #27
JBeryleC
Registered Member

So getting dyno tuned is just like fine tuning the chip?
So they reburn the chip? After all the dyno tests?

Old 04-02-2004, 06:22 AM   #28
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
So getting dyno tuned is just like fine tuning the chip?
So they reburn the chip? After all the dyno tests?
yes, you got it

you see most supercharger companys send a base tune so the car runs most times not the safest way to go

then when you get it dyno tuned they will make sure it has a good tune with good driveabilty

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________