MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-09-2002, 03:33 PM   #1
jwmustangin
Registered Member

Post MAF and injector change

I have a 2001 gt with the manual trans and everything else pretty stock except for the pulled air silencer, flowmaster series 40 mufflers and the steeda pullies and timing adjuster combo.

Would I recognize any change if I upgraded the stock 19lb injectors to the 24lb injectors with a new 80mm pro-m and a 24lb calibrated MAF? How much improvement in numbers would I see?

If I did this would it affect a 75-shot NOS install for the better or for the worse? How much improvement would I see, if any? I would probaly turn my timing back to the stock 10 degrees if I did the NOS install.
jwmustangin
jwmustangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I'm no expert on the 2001 GT's but I wouldn't think that changing to the 24# injectors would make that big of a difference. You would see a small gain from the 80mm MAF, but not from the injectors.

Not sure on the Nirtous, I know other guys that have run Nitrous with 19# injectors and been OK, but whether or not you'd see a performance increase, I'm really not sure.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote