MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-05-2000, 10:24 AM   #1
97GTSTANG
Registered Member

Post BBK's or Bassani's X or H-pipes w/cats? Please read and help

Hey guys, i am thinking of either the BBK's x-pipe or H-pipe with cats for my 97GT 5-spd, or the Bassani X-pipe with cats. Any suggestions on which i should choose. If i get enough response I want to order them today.
Thanks

I have FMS shorty headers installed and what will be a good catback or mufflers to install instead of the factory. or can i just cut off the stock mufflers and put a straight pipe.

Thanks guys, i know its a lot of questions

97GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2000, 10:41 AM   #2
93CobraR
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Go with the BBK x-pipe. It's way cheaper and good enough quality. I wouldn't spend the extra for the Bassani. Also Don't run a straight pipe, cause it sounds like crap. Get a Mac or Flowmaster catback.

------------------
87 Gt with 4 inch cowl hood, dark charcole grey, long tube headers,off road h-pipe, 2 chamber flows,BBK cold air intake, Mass air coversion, Cobra 70mm MAF, 1 intake spacer,180 thermo., MAC underdrive pulleys,Pro 5.0 shifter, and a King Cobra clutch,Crane adjustable fuel press. regulator, Mac Strut and Tower Brace, Lakewood Lift Bars,50/50's, Steeda subframe connectors, 4.10's.
Best time 13.49
Best MPH 102
Best 60' 1.816

Visit my site at:
http://www.geocities.com/cobrar93_20...l?947947194470
93CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2000, 11:09 AM   #3
97GTSTANG
Registered Member

Thanks for the response 93CobraR. The bassani and bbks are almost the same price at around 375 for each. if u know of a better price please let me know and where i can get them. thanks

any other suggestions welcome

------------------
97GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote