MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2002, 05:07 PM   #1
gofastforless.com
Registered Member

Default Hi, I'm new here

I just found this board searching the web for info on carbed mod motors. I have a lot of experience with Ford small blocks but have never touched a mod motor. From what I have seen they have a lot of potential. Someone told me the 2v motors are dirt cheap in junk yards. The only thing keeping these from being a great transplant mill is the expense and complexity of the fuel injection. I am currently designing a digital ignition control for the TFI ignition so it can be used on carbed small blocks. I have the prototype on my car now and it runs great. Through a little research I figured out that it could easily be adapted to work on the EDIS system from EEC-IV cars. That eliminates one hurdle in the mod motor swap.

Does the mod motor share a bellhousing with any other engine? What about the flywheel? I am currently using a toploader 4-speed with my 302. Are there any producton bellhousings that will fit a toploader? Even something close, I can drill holes or build an adapter if need be. Of coarse, I'll also have to build an intake. I figure if I port the heads and have the cams reground then I should have a screaming little motor for very little money. Assuming I find a solid long block for the right price.

So what do you think? Has anybody here transplanted a mod in an older car? What am I missing, this sounds too easy.
gofastforless.com is offline   Reply With Quote