MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-20-2002, 11:06 PM   #1
StangGT02
Registered Member

Default Standard question but for diff. application...

of all the upgrades ive seen that people should start off with like gears, exhaust, K&N, ect. you all mention the 1/4 mile. I was just wondering if say you only bought the mustang for street racing on backroads and stuff would you go for the same modifications or not?

2002 GT automatic- what would make it win in almost any illegal street race. power and top speed is what im looking at along with good acceleration over long distances, longer than 1/4 in some cases, shorter in others. i know the downside of gears is that you run out of the gear fast in 4th with 3.73s but where would i be cut out? what other mods would be great for this application, money wise i cant afford a turbo or supercharger but any aftermarket part isnt a big deal up to around 1000$ a mod.

o and this steeda timing adjuster...whats it do exactly and would it be worth buying for this application?

i didnt see anyone mention street racing in previous posts or on the new mb so maybe this would be good info to include into it
StangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote