MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-20-2000, 07:23 PM   #1
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Question Info on MAC H pipe

Well I got my off road H Pipe in today. I will be installing it Saturday, but man, this thing looks strange. I thought the H was welded. Instead it slides into itself. Won't this mean some exhaust leakage? Should this be sealed some how? Also, what do the metal bars do that are protruding from the sides in front of the O2 holes? I mean this thing came with ZERO information or instructions. I know it's not gonna be hard but it just doesn't look right. S.O.S. HELP!

------------------
1997 Cobra, C+L 80mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, 3.73's
cobrayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2000, 07:43 PM   #2
Dino
Registered Member

I have a MAC cat H-pipe on my 96GT and it was in two pieces that had to be pushed together at the 'H' part. I'm not sure if the muffler shop put some weld on that part or not but I don't have any exhaust leaks. As far as those metal bars that are protruding.... not sure what they are. It could be either an exhaust hanger or it's the place where that plastic(think it's plastic) harness do-hickey attaches to. You'll know the plastic thing I'm talking about when you take the old pipe off. If you didn't get MIL eliminators you can probably expect your check engine light to come on.

------------------
96 GTS, 4.6L, 5 spd, MAC cat H-pipe, straight pipe mufflers, 3.55's, pulleys, air silencer removed
*** coming soon : WMS cold air induction w/87 mm MAF, subframes, shifter

86 GT Convertible, 5.0L, 5 spd.
1986 Mustang GT Convertible ***2 pics of the stang and one of me***
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2000, 08:03 PM   #3
cobrayankee
Registered Member

That's right, I think they are hangers. the MIL eliminators are on their way. That's why I'm waiting until Saturday. No sense lifting it twice! Thanks. Why didn't you do yours yourself?

------------------
1997 Cobra, C+L 80mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, 3.73's
Old 09-21-2000, 03:30 AM   #4
Dino
Registered Member

Just didn't have the time. And I was very excited to get it put on as soon as I could.
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2000, 08:04 AM   #5
King Snake
Registered Member

My BBK offroad H-pipe is also a 2-piece unit held together with a clamp. I never had any problems with exhaust leaks. The metal things slide into the rubber hangers but they may need to be trimmed for proper fit. Your car is going to be MUCH louder with the offroad pipe, so be prepared!

------------------
'97 Cobra, K&N, 3.73s, Rio Red
King Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2000, 09:46 AM   #6
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Talking

Much louder?! Cool. That's what I'm looking for. My Lightning shook the side of the house and I miss that!

------------------