MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2001, 03:09 PM   #1
88GT5.013.02

Post Have fuel leak somewhere, new regulator and new injectors..

Well I have a fuel leak somewhere and I haven't found it yet. I have a new fpr and new injectors.

When you turn the key it initializes pressure, but the system doesn't hold the pressure.

I was told by someone on this website that some fuel pumps relieve the pressure and don't allow it to sit with pressure. I have a Holley 190 lph.

The guage I have on my schrader valve looks like it is wet, but I tightened it the other day. That didn't help. I will check the fuel filter and I will probably drop the tank and make sure everything is alright back there.

I don't smell gas, I just don't like that my fuel system won't hold fuel pressure like it is supposed to. I just put on an Aeromotive fpr.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 04-02-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
egiap's 5.0
Registered Member

where the gauge screws onto the fuel line. there is a plastic washer in it. by over tightening you might have damaged that plastic seal. i should know, i did the this very thing to my gauge. hope this helps
egiap's 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:57 AM   #3
88GT5.013.02

Thank you I will check that out. Where do I get that little plastic washer if it is crushed, the Ford Dealer? Once again thanks.

Anyone else on any other possible causes.

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, GT-40 iron heads, Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft
Old 04-03-2001, 03:02 PM   #4
gray87GT
Registered Member

Is the fuel system leaking, or is the FPR not holding it? With my BBK AFPR when I turn the key the system charges to the right pressure but doesn't hold it, my gauge goes back down...but I don't leak fuel.
gray87GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #5
88GT5.013.02

I have a brand new Aeromotive fpr, is it supposed to bleed back? I don't think they are but I could be wrong. I don't see any gas leaks, and I don't think I have any, but I will look further. Any other suggestions, anyone else?

Thanks,

Jason
Old 04-03-2001, 07:29 PM   #6
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

Cool

Ive got a Aeromotive fuel sys and it doesnt hold pressure either,it bothered me for a while until I found out that was normal.If the car runs ok I dont think I would be too concerned.
Doctor DeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 12:04 AM   #7
88GT5.013.02

Question

Thanks I appreciate the help doc debo.

Jason