MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-02-2002, 08:26 PM   #1
Jester4kicks
Registered Member

Question Warranty Questions

Greetings all- I actually have a 2000 V6, I'm looking to have sone fun and make some modifications. Pulleys, Cold air induction, Throttle body, exhaust, Suspension, and possibly a mod chip. The only thing I'm concerned about is the warranty effect any of these mods will have, I've been told the warranty will still remain in affect by some, and that the warranty will be totally shot by others. Does anyone have some real answers about what will and will not void the warranty? Or instead, is there any real reason to be worried about these kinds of light mods having an adverse affect on the car?

Thanks everybody
Jester4kicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 11:27 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

By law, they cannot revoke a warranty unless the dealer PROVES that the modifications done on the car caused the failure.

With that in mind, some dealerships will actually go to court before actually working on a modded car. It all has to do with the dealership you're working with.

Honestly, If you want to have an easy life with a warranty, any mods you do should be "reversable" or well hidden before sending it in for warranty work.

Also, I've never seen a dealership give any problems to the usual gears and cat-exhaust folks.... any more though, and you take your chances.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 09:35 AM   #3
Jester4kicks
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good to know

Aside from the chip, should I really expect any real adverse reactions to these types of mods? Also, because of altitude issues, (I'm in Denver, CO) I've been told I should net buy a regular chip (i.e. Jetchips) but rather go to a specialty shop and have them custom design a chip. Problem is, it's going to cost me twice as much. Is it really worth it? Lastly, if I am going to be adding a chip, can I add it at any time, or is it best to make it the last of my planned upgrades?

Thanks again
Jester4kicks is offline   Reply With Quote