MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: WHO HAS THE BEST HOODS FOR QUAILTY
Poll Options
WHO HAS THE BEST HOODS FOR QUAILTY

Old 03-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #1
steedamustang01
Registered Member

Default Who Has The Best Hoods?

I HAVE A 2001 MUSTANG GT STEEDA CONVERSION. I REALLY LIKE THE 99 - 02 COBRA R SVO HOOD. BUT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT WHO MAKES THE BEST HOODS. I'M REALLY CONSIDERING ABC EXCLUSIVE. BUT I HAVE HAD A BUDDY ORDER TWO DIFFERENT PIECES FROM THEM AND THE BODY SHOP HE TOOK THE PIECES TO TOLD HIM THE FIBERGLASS THAT THEY WERE MADE OUT OF WAS THE CHEAPEST FIBERGLASS YOU COULD BUY. AND THEY WERE JUNK. I'VE ALSO HEARD NOTHING BUT BAD COMMENTS FROM CINCINNATI COMPOSITES. I LIVE ABOUT 10 MIN AWAY FROM CIN. COMPOSITES. BUT THE OWNER TREATED ME LIKE DIRT. ABC HAS THE HOOD FOR $289.95 + $90 SHIPPING. CIN. COM. HAS THE HOOD FOR $319.00 BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING. BUT IF ABC HAS REALLY GOOD QUAITLY I WOULD RATHER PAY THE MONEY TO HAVE IT SHIPPED. I NEED SOME ADVISE. PLEASE HELP.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 10:15 AM   #2
SLOW 97
Registered Member

I also love the Cobra R hood w/ the SVO scoop and I'am thinking about getting one for my car. I have found the same hood as the one at Cinncinati Composites but it is only $249.95 as opposed to $319. It is from a place called Design Concepts. I'm not sure about the quality though. I do know that ABC Exclusive's hoods suck. I was looking at a '98 Cobra with one of their hoods and the fibreglas was low-quality and the hood didn't even fit right on the car. Whatever hood you buy though make sure it lines up with the fenders and will fit on the car correctly before you paint it so if it sucks you can send it back.
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 02:20 PM   #3
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Both of those compaines are pretty much low quality. You get what you pay for. Personally my opinion is Kaenen hoods, HO Fibertrends or Cervini have the best hoods on the market. I have a Kaenen hood as well as a friend of mine and they require minimum to no prep work for paint and install.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 06:34 AM   #4
Ruzman17
Registered Member

Upon reading this post I would like to suggest that you check out www.suncoastcreations.com I bought 2 hoods from them and although they are expensive, they are the best hoods on the market. They come ready to paint and use existing hardware for installation. I was told by the bodyshop that did my install that it was the best fiberglass hood that they had ever worked with. They said it only took one try to paint it and install because it was all preped when they got it and the quality of the fiberglass and craftsmanship was excellent. Check em out and good luck whichever way you go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im000844.jpg (103.4 KB, 29 views)
K&N Filtercharger
Bassani X-Pipe w/ Cats
Bassani Quiet Thunder Cats-Back w/ 3 1/2" Tips
UPR Blu-Thunder NS Shifter
3.73's
UPR Billet Pedal Kit
Kenny Brown Subframe Connectors
Kenny Brown Shocktower Brace
Ruzman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 02:53 PM   #5
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Default I would go Cervini

I went with the Cervini Mach-1 Hood with the RamAir kit installed under it. It is the first ram air kit/hood I have had that I actually noticed a difference on power and economy. I would recommend it to anyone. You can see picks of it here on this website.

1998 Steeda GT Mustang
User: 98SteedaGT
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:32 PM   #6
97ScottieGT
Registered Member

I agree with Mustang 92.
You get what you paid for.
I have a cervinis hood & Kimnach ford told me the hood was perfect.
A direct bolt on for real.
Paint & put on.
Scottie
97 GT with Complete 2000 motor, Mass Air Meter, Flowmaster CAT Back, BBK Off Road H, Headers, Aluminum drive shaft, 160 therm, 3.73 gears, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, MAC Lowering springs 2", 99 Cobra wheels, Saleen S351 wing, Cervinis ram air hood with ram air, White face gauges, Bullitt shifter knob, Aluminum radiator, 10mm Spark plug wires, K&N, Mobil One, B&M Ripper shifter, Steeda timing adjuster, Brushed Aluminum pedals, Rewired fog lights, 275/40/17 out back.
97ScottieGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:34 PM   #7
97ScottieGT
Registered Member

Where is your web site 99SteedaGt.
Scottie
97 GT with Complete 2000 motor, Mass Air Meter, Flowmaster CAT Back, BBK Off Road H, Headers, Aluminum drive shaft, 160 therm, 3.73 gears, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, MAC Lowering springs 2", 99 Cobra wheels, Saleen S351 wing, Cervinis ram air hood with ram air, White face gauges, Bullitt shifter knob, Aluminum radiator, 10mm Spark plug wires, K&N, Mobil One, B&M Ripper shifter, Steeda timing adjuster, Brushed Aluminum pedals, Rewired fog lights, 275/40/17 out back.
97ScottieGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 08:59 PM   #8
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Default you mean 98 ?

I guess you mean me.. I own a domain and host it here at my house. http://superrobots.net ... I haven't had much time to do the Mustang part of my site. I am always at work fixing people's DSL/Internet/Computer/etc....
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 09:25 PM   #9
FrankenStang
Registered Member

Thumbs up

98STEEDAGT...I just visited your site and looked at the pics of your car, I just like to say it looks great. I just recieved my ram air hood from cervinis and am waiting to paint it, and yes I agree that if you want show room quality with great fit buy cervinis.

96gt (with 99 2v engine)
FrankenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:52 PM   #10
steedamustang01
Registered Member

Well people I went ahead and Ordered my New hood. I ordered my Cobra R SVO hood From Age Classic Design ( www.ageclassic.com ). The hood was a little bit more expensive then the other company's, BUT, They ensured their product. I spoke with a guy by the name of "Mike" and he was the best help out of everyone I spoke with from Cincinnati Composites, ABC Exclusive, Design Concepts, and Cobra Auto Designs. He took detail pic's of the hood from all different angles and even underneath the hood. The Customer Service was excellent. And although I haven't received the hood yet, I have faith in this company. I'll write back later on an update of the hood as soon as I receive it. Thanks for all the help people.

P.S. I would Highly recomend NO ONE EVER buy ANYTHING from Cincinnati Composites. I spoke with the Ower and she was A TOTAL B*!@%. The Customer Service was the worst ever!!! She tried to make me feel stupid as hell. I live 10 minutes away from there and I'm telling you I wouldn't take a hood from there if they were free. Its a total HOLE in the wall nasty place. I have had a few buddys buy hoods from there, and they've been NOTHING But trouble. They don't match the body lines and the people at the bodyshop they've taken to have painted said it's the CHEAPEST Fiberglass you could ever use to make a hood. Just a look out for those who might be looking into buying something from Cincinnati Composites.
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote