MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-15-2002, 02:22 AM   #1
Rally
Registered Member

Thumbs up Tri-ax put in!

Just wanted to give feedback for the Steeda Tri-ax... newly installed.

Wow! What a difference! It definitely needs a firmer shift, but is very crisp and precise. A marked improvement over the POS stock one. Third gear is definitely now a no-brainer.

There is a distinct increase in transmission noise coming through the console (even though I reused the rubber inner boot from the original), but it isn't too rude. I have a feeling that when the exhaust changes get added in, blissful engine noise will help hide this little transmission sound.

All in all, a great product.

K&N...Tri-ax...Steeda pullies...
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 02:36 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Yep,
You'll definately get more tranny noise, but considering you can just about KICK the thing from 2nd to 3rd.... I'll just turn up the stereo.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I love my Tri-Ax. It just made the whole Mod Mustang Driving Experience all the more better. That stock shifter sucks. When shifting its likeMoush Moush Sponge Slop Moush...

Since I was new to driving sticks, the Tri-Ax was like a set of training wheels for me. I'm to the point now that I can Race with an open travel mug of coffie in the cup holder, and have my hand over the mug, shift and have it back over the mug before any sloshes out. Tim C, and the sandman can attest to that.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 04:04 PM   #4
Rally
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I'm to the point now that I can Race with an open travel mug of coffie in the cup holder, and have my hand over the mug, shift and have it back over the mug before any sloshes out. Tim C, and the sandman can attest to that.
Wow, I'd say you definitely get points for style Mercury!

Oh, and the thing that REALLY makes this switch work, the Steeda knob! You know that if you just look at it the right way, it'll shift for you!

I'm looking forward to the next mod to help this one out...3.73s! Just looking for the best price...

K&N...Tri-ax...Steeda pullies...
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote