MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2002, 01:44 AM   #1
Beavis
Registered Member

Default 4 to 5 lug HELP

I know theres two ways... adding an adapter to make it 5lug, or doing a disc brake conversion.

My question is, which way is best?
... what will i need for a conversion, and where can i find the converters?

I'm trying to put on the SVT Chrome cobra R wheels on my car soon, but can't find 4lug, only 5 lug....or do they sell the red R center cap seperatly?

89 GT 5.0- wrecked on 7/03
3.08 gears, Saleen Suspension, MSD Ignition, Underdrive pulleys, Flowmaster force II Cat-Back exhuast, Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Elec. Fan.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 04:26 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

If you have the cash the 5 lug 4-wheel disc conversion is definitely the way to go. I didn't have much money when I converted my '79 Pace Car, so I just put on 87-93 Stang front brakes with aftermarket 5 lug rotors. Out back my friend drilled out my axles for 5 lug and put in new studs for me, but this is pretty tricky to do. You can also buy Ranger axles that will fit and are 5 lug. Sorry I can't remember the specifics on what year Ranger, but I know you need to buy two same-side axles (can't remember which side, of course). Basically, for bare minimum you could just buy new front rotors and new rear axles. I think it was in a previous discussion on the board, so do a search on old posts.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:52 AM   #3
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Don't you adaptors!!!!!!!

You can convert to 5-lug buy useing Mark 5 front rotors and drivers side(I think) ranger axles.

Talk to Unit 5302, he did the conversion on his 87 GT

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote