MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-13-2001, 06:17 PM   #1
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Default New Best ET!

Last night was the last test and tune of the year for me. They run on Friday but I can't make it. So it was my last shot at improving my ETs and hopefully hitting the 12.8 mark.

Things weren't looking up at first since it was humid and about 80* when I got to the track. As we started making passes the temps dropped to the mid 70s and humidy was at 85%. Next year I plan on getting a mini weather station to take numbers down so I can adjust for weather.

First pass was a bust for me since I shifted 3rd like an old lady so it was a waste. On my next pass hot lapping I went 12.90 @ 101.90 with a 1.67 60 foot. The MPH seemed a bit low so next pass I went to the other lane and ran a 12.99 @ 103.18 with a 1.76 60 foot. The car would simply hook too good, pull the wheels hard and slow me down by bogging. Moroso has constantly had bad MPH readings in one lane or the other. So back to the left lane for my next pass which netted me a 12.89 @ 101.98 with a 1.68 60 foot. The car was flying on the top end!

Now for the fun stuff after my 12.89 pass I was slowing down and put the car in 4th gear. It popped out with a big bang but went into 3rd without problem. I've had a problem with 4th not always going into gear on the street but had recently disappeard for the past month. Then on my last pass I either missed 4th or it popped out but it wouldn't go into gear (3rd or 4th). I slowed the car down and was able to get into 2nd with no problem then went up through the gears without a problem. I ended my night at that point since the humidty was getting worse.

On the way home it would not go into 4th gear easily. So my 4th gear problem is getting much worse. I've been driving around without using 4th most of the time but it seems it getting to the point where I need to fix the trans or replace it with a tremec real soon.

So that's how I end my 2001 race season is with a new ET and a failing trans.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 08:43 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Congrats Dude!

Its really great to see those kind of times come from an N/A GT.
It really shows what a well thought out setup can do...

Color me impressed....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 07:54 AM   #3
Red Mustang Gt 46
13.3 @ 103

Now was that with an X-pipe or H? (just kidding)
Good times there bub, are you going to show at the next Mod shoot-out in Maryland?
COMP CAMS
FRPP
MSD
Bassani
Magnaflow
MAC
Red Mustang Gt 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 12:30 PM   #4
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Mustang Gt 46
Now was that with an X-pipe or H? (just kidding)
Good times there bub, are you going to show at the next Mod shoot-out in Maryland?
Run was with the H pipe but the offroad X is sitting right behind and going on soon.

I'm planning on being there for the shootout.

Bill
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 01:55 PM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Awesome times!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote