MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2002, 08:45 PM   #1
gilmoujr
Registered Member

Default I thought Missouri was the Show Me state

I like irony... I live in Ohio... I usually do not listen to just anyone without seeing something with my own eyes; although, I will take someone's advise and try things for myself. C&L says that Ram Air will degrade performance of their 85mm Mass Air Kit. I went out last night and bought the parts to make my own Ram Air Kit. I was up 'til 2am building it and installed it (in my driveway and in the rain) this afternoon. On a quick test drive, I was able to see great improvement in performance (especially at high speeds). The only drawback is that until I got below 25 MPH, the car would stall at idle (I am thinking too much air - not enough gas). I moved the hose about an inch or two back (I originally had it up against the Air Filter) and voila, it works like a dream. I spent $18 but could have gotten by with $12. The road was a little wet but at 55 MPH I floored it in 3rd (3.27 gears) and got nothing but wheelspin (it scared me so I let up on the GO pedal). I will prove myself right at the track this Thursday. Does anyone else have an unusual setup or combination of parts (i.e. Cold Air and Mass Air) that has proven results?

Jim
gilmoujr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 07:22 AM   #2
beach
Registered Member

Nice. Could you tell me what you bought? I want to do that too.
2 Chamber Flowmasters
K&N Air Filter
Silencer Removed
beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 06:51 PM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

Sounds like a neat little trick. Give us track numbers before/after and let us know how to do it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote